Groups

E3 2017. Thoughts?

My thoughts? Sony, meh. Microsoft, meh. Nintendo, me...wait. Mario Odyssey looks boss! Launching late October sans delays *fingers crossed*. That's my November and December fully booked.

Your thoughts?

30 Comments

Sony, meh
    Microsoft, meh

Posted by a Nintendo fanboy

Nintendo avatar...

The best thing about nintendos thing was the announcement of metroid prime 4. It's been a long time coming.

Original Poster

Yes. I favour games/experiences I've had on Nintendo hardware over the MANY years...so sue me. I also cite Dreamcast and PS2 as incredible machines with a rich library of games.

I think he's right though. Only Cuphead, Anthem and Last Night did anything for me. Dry compared to previous years.

Original Poster

Gamerofgames

The best thing about nintendos thing was the announcement of metroid … The best thing about nintendos thing was the announcement of metroid prime 4. It's been a long time coming.

Agreed. But just a mock heading? Probably be 2019 launch *if that*.

Original Poster

novo77

I think he's right though. Only Cuphead, Anthem and Last Night did … I think he's right though. Only Cuphead, Anthem and Last Night did anything for me. Dry compared to previous years.

Undertale securing PS4 is also a big one. An essential game.

Nintendo easily the worst, you can't tease Metroid Prime 4 with nothing other than the name when fans have been begging for the best part of 7 years. For me it goes Sony, Ubi, Microsoft with Bethesda and Nintendo tied.

Original Poster

RustInPeace2112

Nintendo easily the worst, you can't tease Metroid Prime 4 with nothing … Nintendo easily the worst, you can't tease Metroid Prime 4 with nothing other than the name when fans have been begging for the best part of 7 years. For me it goes Sony, Ubi, Microsoft with Bethesda and Nintendo tied.

I agree regarding Metroid Prime 4, but why Sony, Ubisoft and Microsoft? A lot of what I saw from Nintendo felt meh, but, then came Mario Odyssey. I'm a true believer in one game alone can secure it. This is definitely that game.

pazuzu17

Undertale securing PS4 is also a big one. An essential game.

Can't believe I forgot that one. It's practically the only game I ever booted up Steam for. A masterpiece.

All a bit meh this year.

Mario does look great though. Cannot wait for that.

Skull and Bones interests me as a fan of piraty things, and having loved AC: Black Flag.

Hidden Agenda looked good, as Until Dawn was awesome.

But yeah, everything else a bit meh.

Interested to see what they've done with AC Origins too. Just another AC, or some genuine improvements.

Sony showed more gameplay of games I already want like Days Gone which had me excited with the zombified animals which I was not expecting. God of War reboot was high on my list anyway and after seeing the trailer I can't wait to jump in. Spiderman looked interesting and if done right could rival the arkham series and then the Shadow of the Colossus remake tipped me over the edge. They also have Undertale on the way which I really want to play. Ubisoft wowed me with Assassins Creed which i haven't been excited for since number 2. The Mario + Rabbids game looks like XCOM on acid, Fractured but whole release date and then Beyond Good and Evil 2 which I've wanted for many years and now its finally being made. Microsoft had metro and anthem which both look great as well as cuphead, i know 2 of them are multiplat but they looked amazing on the X. Bethesda are basically giving me more of what I want from them, no surprises but Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Fallout vr all look great. Ninty would have jumped to the top if they had shown some Metroid and POKEMON but they're out of touch with many of their fans. I'm probably forgetting some stuff too.

pazuzu17

Agreed. But just a mock heading? Probably be 2019 launch *if that*.

​Don't be harsh it was an 'animated' mock heading

microsoft was best for me, very excited for the One X. Ubisoft games will be buggy messes at release, Assasins creed leaves me cold. Metro, Anthem and Forza look amazing. Not a lot of interest in Sony's offerings, gave up on Uncharted and Last of Us, Death Stranding has my interest as has Become Human.

Not a lot of interest in Mario Xcom or much else from Nintendo. I'll get Mario Oddessy as there's chuff all else on the switch.

If I get PSVR it will be for Skyrim VR, bit was really hoping for MS to give a VR update

Monster Hunter, God of War & Spiderman all looked great. Ubisofts was less terrible than usual and Metroid on 3DS looks cool.

In terms of winners I'd say

Sony
    Nintendo
    Ubisoft

Microsoft

Spiderman looked amazing imo alongside Anthem.

x announce was cool but not enough aaa games for it. ps is top notch on the games front except vr and Nintendo has mario.. if you can afford it be on all 3. atm I'd say stay with Sony and get a switch maybe Xmas.

x announce was cool but not enough aaa games for it. ps is top notch on the games front except vr and Nintendo has mario.. if you can afford it be on all 3. atm I'd say stay with Sony and get a switch maybe Xmas.

Ubisoft have a solid track record of promising alot and delivering bugs

Original Poster

Mikey_b

microsoft was best for me, very excited for the One X. Ubisoft games will … microsoft was best for me, very excited for the One X. Ubisoft games will be buggy messes at release, Assasins creed leaves me cold. Metro, Anthem and Forza look amazing. Not a lot of interest in Sony's offerings, gave up on Uncharted and Last of Us, Death Stranding has my interest as has Become Human. Not a lot of interest in Mario Xcom or much else from Nintendo. I'll get Mario Oddessy as there's chuff all else on the switch. If I get PSVR it will be for Skyrim VR, bit was really hoping for MS to give a VR update

Love how people say "I'll get Mario Odyssey" like it's a chore or something. Stick with 6 monthly installments of Assassin's Creed and the like if you prefer.

Original Poster

jimhuf

Ubisoft have a solid track record of promising alot and delivering bugs

This. Rayman Legends not permitting.

Original Poster

Kiyaninho

Spiderman looked amazing imo alongside Anthem.

Spiderman looked so carefully orchestrated I'd be amazed it it played anything similar. Fingers crossed I'm wrong because it could be great.

Microsoft and Nintendo Were Good,Sony was Poor and Bethesda Was a **** Show. I have all Consoles so that's fairly Unbiased.

Microsoft, Ubisoft, Sony was absolutely terrible.

pazuzu17

Love how people say "I'll get Mario Odyssey" like it's a chore or … Love how people say "I'll get Mario Odyssey" like it's a chore or something. Stick with 6 monthly installments of Assassin's Creed and the like if you prefer.

​Its like you didn't actually read my post or something. I specifically mentioned Assassins Creed. I'll stick to the games that actually look good and review well. I'm not snobby enough to discount a game just because it's a sequel.

And I'll get Mario Oddessy as I try to extract some value from a "console" that I'm so far unimpressed with.

PC Gaming show was pretty good. I liked the look at sea of thieves same as skull and bones. Was very interested in the cross play games, MS is finally bringing down that barrier between platforms. I'm a big fan of multiplayer over single player. I though it was decent for the PCMR

Sony was poor as was ea and Bethesda. Microsoft faired a bit better because of the Xbox one x showcase but all in all this wasn't a good e3 and not a patch on last year.

I feel like no one "won" this year. Everyone seemed t have a decent showing, and a few surprises, but nothing like previous years. Cross-console play, (boo Sony!) oXBOX BC and Metroid were the highlights for me this year, finding it hard to get excited about the SotC remake for some reason, although Bluepoint do great work, and the original is a hot-mess in terms of frame-rate and performance, it still feels unnecessary. That said; if it's going to kick off a series then fair enough, the world-building across the three sister games is fantastic, I'd play a 'Dawn of the Colossus' all day long.

I appreciated Sony and Nintendo keeping the corporate talk to a minimum, I know e3 was a trade show, but it's beyond that now. The cheesy presenters and car adverts are all a bit silly now. Also Microsoft STILL pulling this "Xbox exclusive" when it's timed is getting tiresome, Sony refrained from doing it. Spencer coming out claiming 22 games exclusive to X1, when in reality it's about 6 and the rest are timed, is clown shoes. I appreciate it's not their job to tell you what's available on other systems, but perhaps staying quiet is a better look??
    Edited by: "Krooner" 14th Jun

Skull and Bones was top for me, alongside a great show from UBI. xbox one x after that

we got ps vr games anouced so im well happy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions