Groups

Ear Piercing

Where does a person go to get their ears pierced? Only place I know of is Claire's. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks.

23 Comments

Banned

Hairdressers, beauty salon.

whatsThePoint;8494215

Behind the bike shed at school

No thats sex :whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks - for the sensible answers. Repped.

tattoo parlours, make sure a needle is used! Guns can be really dangerous and damage the ear.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8494240

You can get ear piercing gun kits and do it at home

Don't think daughter would let me do that for her!!! Bad enough if I have to get a splinter out of her finger - she screams blue murder!!

Used to be hairdressers but probably beauty salons as well these days

I got mine done at a jewelers with a gun, havent worn anything in it for years now and it is still alright.
    But i'd goto a jewelers, tattoo parlour, or decent beauty salon/hairdressers not claires.

whatsThePoint;8494240

You can get ear piercing gun kits and do it at home

I used one of these, it was a needle and a ice cube.

awoodhall2003;8494336

I got mine done at a jewelers with a gun, havent worn anything in it for … I got mine done at a jewelers with a gun, havent worn anything in it for years now and it is still alright. But i'd goto a jewelers, tattoo parlour, or decent beauty salon/hairdressers not claires.

I had my done at Claire's Accessories. No problems at all.

BFN,

fp.

Pin, Ice Cube and an Apple

Original Poster

ade2j;8494483

Pin, Ice Cube and an Apple

Someone has to ask - what's the apple for? :thinking:

a body piercing studio?
    most tattoo studios have a piercer
    its best to go where they will use a needle(a tattoo/piercing studio will use a needle, salons will use guns) if its for anywhere higher then a second lobe piercing, as the gun isn't suitable for cartilage, theres a high risk of it splitting.
    a gun is generally ok for lobe piercings, however they can jam and cause loadsa problems, i had mine done with a gun no problem, but you tend to find as its so easy to get hold of the equipment lots of hairdressers will give it a go with not much idea
    id tend to advise better to be safe than sorry, spend the extra few quid and go to a body piercer/tattooist, ask someone you know thats had piercings with no problems and go to where they went

shibi din;8494506

Someone has to ask - what's the apple for? :thinking:

To bite down upon whilst the hole is made, I presume.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;8494467

I had my done at Claire's Accessories. No problems at all.BFN,fp.

Lots of people will have done, but i've read more problems with CLaire's then elsewhere, but maybe because they are a large company thus hit the press last year.

fanpages;8494516

To bite down upon whilst the hole is made, I presume.BFN,fp.

That is why I liked the gun, fast and instant. Although if I was to have any other piercings I'd have them done by needle, so much more accurate and cleaner.

i did 6 of my ear piercings myself...:oops:

i was young and drunk at the time, but did a good job lol got 7 holes in 1 ear and 1 in the other

missp27;8494682

i did 6 of my ear piercings myself...

What with though? lol

deb8z;8494693

What with though? lol

it was when i was a teenager and had a few too many, lol, used a piercing earing (the type they use with a gun with a spike on the end) and just pushed it through
    still got all 8 earings in now, they look nice got tiny black studs in all of them

Banned

Ahh back in the day I had 4 earrings in the lobe, all claires, belly button twice and tongue done twice, just to hack my dad off and it was cool, just kept one ear hole now though.

tinkerbell28;8494761

Ahh back in the day I had 4 earrings in the lobe, all claires, belly … Ahh back in the day I had 4 earrings in the lobe, all claires, belly button twice and tongue done twice, just to hack my dad off and it was cool, just kept one ear hole now though.

lol i had to wait till i left home before i could get my nose and belly button pierced and my dad still dissaproved! still got them all in now, at least when you get sick of them they heal up
    ouch could never get my tongue done, i'm far too sqeemish!

iv had lots of piercings, not got tht many in no thow, and i have to say my nose was the most painful, i didnt have any kind of anesthetic, but i didnt for my tongue,nipple or eyebrow, and none came close to the pain of having my nose done. i had the worst reaction to my tongue thow, made me go really faint

i did all of mine at a pharmacy and it cost less than a fiver

tatemze;8495505

iv had lots of piercings, not got tht many in no thow, and i have to say … iv had lots of piercings, not got tht many in no thow, and i have to say my nose was the most painful, i didnt have any kind of anesthetic, but i didnt for my tongue,nipple or eyebrow, and none came close to the pain of having my nose done. i had the worst reaction to my tongue thow, made me go really faint

My ex did my nose with an ear piercing gun,it wasn't the initial pain so much,but it was so sore for weeks on end.

I don't have one in my nose any longer,i'm too old:w00t:

deb8z;8496135

My ex did my nose with an ear piercing gun,it wasn't the initial pain so … My ex did my nose with an ear piercing gun,it wasn't the initial pain so much,but it was so sore for weeks on end.I don't have one in my nose any longer,i'm too old:w00t:

i'm getting old now (33! :-( ) but still have a ring through my nose. so long as i keep liking it it's staying!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions