early exit on 3 contract

Found 5th Nov 2017
does anyone here have any experience ending a contract early via 3?
my other half's 24 month contract is not due to end until April next year but the charge is daylight robbery & I've finally talked my oh round to trying to leave it.

Do you think there is any way 3 would offer us some kind of retention deal in order to keep up until the end of the contract or is it likely they'll just want the outstanding balance & not give a crap?

I believe the cost of early exit fee's is monthly fee x remaining months minus 20% & 30day notice must be given.

any help is appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
It's unlikely as you're in contract, the best I could see happening is maybe a retention deal might be possible come March or maybe you could coax something from them e.g. a free 'home booster' (or whatever they're calling their femtocell now) due to having a poor signal.
They'll charge you the remaining contract payments, minus one month! Might as well stay with them because you'll be paying anyway.
Original Poster
artnada33 m ago

They'll charge you the remaining contract payments, minus one month! Might …They'll charge you the remaining contract payments, minus one month! Might as well stay with them because you'll be paying anyway.

Where does it say minus one month in their t and c? All I can see is minus 20%
little_green1 h, 1 m ago

Where does it say minus one month in their t and c? All I can see is minus …Where does it say minus one month in their t and c? All I can see is minus 20%

The 20% discount is because they don't have to charge VAT on the early termination charge. Effectively, they get the same whether you keep the contract or terminate it early.
RonChew4 m ago

The 20% discount is because they don't have to charge VAT on the early …The 20% discount is because they don't have to charge VAT on the early termination charge. Effectively, they get the same whether you keep the contract or terminate it early.

This ^

Hiya ron, you ok?
deeky9 m ago

This ^Hiya ron, you ok?

I'm fine, thank you.
Original Poster
RonChew38 m ago

The 20% discount is because they don't have to charge VAT on the early …The 20% discount is because they don't have to charge VAT on the early termination charge. Effectively, they get the same whether you keep the contract or terminate it early.

Yeah I read an article about that earlier funnily enough.

So all I need to do is give them 39 days notice? It doesn't matter where in my billing period I am?
deeky1 h, 2 m ago

This ^Hiya ron, you ok?

Probably day release ;).
little_green36 m ago

Yeah I read an article about that earlier funnily enough.So all I need to …Yeah I read an article about that earlier funnily enough.So all I need to do is give them 39 days notice? It doesn't matter where in my billing period I am?

I think that you can give them 30 days notice at any time and the 'penalty' will be what what was due under the rest of the contract less 20%.
Original Poster
RonChew11 m ago

I think that you can give them 30 days notice at any time and the …I think that you can give them 30 days notice at any time and the 'penalty' will be what what was due under the rest of the contract less 20%.

yeah thats what i can see in t&c's.
not sure why someone said it was minus one months fee
little_green16 h, 50 m ago

Where does it say minus one month in their t and c? All I can see is minus …Where does it say minus one month in their t and c? All I can see is minus 20%

When I tried to leave early on my contract nigh on 2 years ago, I still had around 8 months to go. I was told by the operator it is "remaining months, minus 1 month."
It may have changed now.
Edited by: "artnada" 6th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions