Early March hot hols short haul

Found 14th Jan
Hi All,

I have been tasked by the other half to find a holiday in early to mid March and looking for some help, below conditions are to be met but just somewhere hot and near will give me something to work on

Needs to be hot and sunny (usually go to Tenerife early April and see it’s nice there but looking for somewhere different, not worried about next to beach)
Short haul so flights under 4 hours ideally and from Any London airport
Probably not Greece, Cyprus Turkey or Egypt. (All nice but again somewhere different this)

Any ideas??
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments
I'm just back from Madeira if you are familiar already with that area. Stunningly beautiful but not really a beachy place.
Try portugal just north of Lisbon is Nazare, nice beach. Lisbon is great too.
Original Poster
Thanks will check them out!
you want hot and sunny in early march but have ruled out the only places that might be (canaries, Greece, Cyprus Turkey or Egypt) apart from Malta (if you're lucky or Morocco)
cmdr_elito47 m ago

Try portugal just north of Lisbon is Nazare, nice beach. Lisbon is great …Try portugal just north of Lisbon is Nazare, nice beach. Lisbon is great too.

I doubt that is hot and sunny in early march
Original Poster
chocci11 m ago

you want hot and sunny in early march but have ruled out the only places …you want hot and sunny in early march but have ruled out the only places that might be (canaries, Greece, Cyprus Turkey or Egypt) apart from Malta (if you're lucky or Morocco)

Indeed I have which is why I’m asking if anyone’s knows of anywhere else, also not ruled out the canary’s just ideally not Tenerife.
chocci15 m ago

Normally around 20c that’s warmer than the uk 90% of the year!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 14th Jan
Mmachine782 m ago

Indeed I have which is why I’m asking if anyone’s knows of anywhere else, a …Indeed I have which is why I’m asking if anyone’s knows of anywhere else, also not ruled out the canary’s just ideally not Tenerife.

Gran Canaria?
Algarve might be better tho.
33062370-K2dT8.jpg
Mmachine786 m ago

Indeed I have which is why I’m asking if anyone’s knows of anywhere else, a …Indeed I have which is why I’m asking if anyone’s knows of anywhere else, also not ruled out the canary’s just ideally not Tenerife.

That basically leaves you gran canaria, Lanzarote or fuerteventura. I prefer corralejo (fuerteventura) or Puerto del Carmen (Lanzarote). Far nicer than Tenerife.
cmdr_elito7 m ago

Normally around 20c that’s warmer than the uk 90% of the year!

I guess it depends on what the op defines as hot then. Personally, I think 20c is very nice as long as it's sunny.
Why not try the North of Tenerife, Puerto De La Cruz area, is so much different to South and you have Loro Parque to visit (penguins are a must)?
chocci18 h, 10 m ago

I was in Lisbon early last March , we had lovely warm weather , definately T shirt or thin tops rather than jumper weather , but not hot . You would have got some odd looks if you had of been wandering round in shorts for sure
Original Poster
Thanks for all the ideas! Think we are going for Fuerteventura as never been and looks really nice!
Mmachine7838 m ago

Thanks for all the ideas! Think we are going for Fuerteventura as never …Thanks for all the ideas! Think we are going for Fuerteventura as never been and looks really nice!

Lovely beaches, just be aware fuerteventura translates as the windy isle, you do get a fairly constant breeze on the coast , I'm not sure about temperatures in March as we went in August . Good bus services around the island so no need to bother hiring a car either .
tinkerbellian15 h, 51 m ago

Lovely beaches, just be aware fuerteventura translates as the windy isle, …Lovely beaches, just be aware fuerteventura translates as the windy isle, you do get a fairly constant breeze on the coast , I'm not sure about temperatures in March as we went in August . Good bus services around the island so no need to bother hiring a car either .

Definitely hire a car. Very cheap and the roads are amazing. We always use autoreisen as about £9 per day including full insurance cover. Petrol is very cheap too (90p a litre)

Visit corralejo, el Cotillo, lajares. Brilliant beaches
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants