Posted 15 June 2020

Early pre-orders for video games?

Just looking to see if anyone has received a pre ordered title any earlier than release day. If so, which site?

I've heard that Shopto, SimplyGames and TheGameCollection have sent out pre orders early before. Anyone have a reccomendation?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Munch198115/06/2020 16:42

Not this year, but Game collection sent out Sonic team racing 4 days …Not this year, but Game collection sent out Sonic team racing 4 days before release.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (Deluxe Edition) an entire week before release date, but that’s more of an isolated case with the covid19 and Royal Mail issues.

I usually receive games early from SimplyGames and TheGameCollection, I preordered from Base and 365games and received games a day early as well. I usually get games on time from Shopto, Amazon and Game (apart from the above).
    Not this year, but Game collection sent out Sonic team racing 4 days before release.
    If this is for the last of us part 2 Sony have mandated they send Thursday for delivery Friday so you won't get it early.

Got my rental copy coming from boomerang Friday excited to play (edited)
    Personator123415/06/2020 17:10

If this is for the last of us part 2 Sony have mandated they send Thursday …If this is for the last of us part 2 Sony have mandated they send Thursday for delivery Friday so you won't get it early.Got my rental copy coming from boomerang Friday excited to play

SimplyGames usually dispatch two days before release date via first class RM, they’re the best bet if anyone wants the game early before anyone else, depends on the price as well. They normally have cheaper sub-£40 preorder prices for early preorders but as usual raise the prices closer to release date.
    deleted221565715/06/2020 21:07

SimplyGames usually dispatch two days before release date via first class R …SimplyGames usually dispatch two days before release date via first class RM, they’re the best bet if anyone wants the game early before anyone else, depends on the price as well. They normally have cheaper sub-£40 preorder prices for early preorders but as usual raise the prices closer to release date.

You might be in luck then I'll risk if with boomerang and play a day later when they dispatch on Thursday - only £10 to play and then return and no arsing around on eBay etc for the idiot to not then pay.
    Shopto always done this for me but haven't purchased a disk for a while now, not sure if they are still the same.
    I've pre-ordered games before from many sites and the ones that have sent me games early are:
    GAME
    Smyths Toys
    Shopto
    Nintendo Shop - Seems like a random addition but they've actually delivered a couple of pre-orders early

The most recent title I've recieved early was The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Limited Edition on the Nintendo Switch from Smyths Toys.
    I used to consistently recieve 3ds games from GAME a day before release, however, my most recent pre-orders with them have actually arrived late (Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Red Dead Redemption 2 - kinda worried about my Last Of Us 2 PS4 Pro preorder :s)
    Others have also reported GameCollection, SimplyGames and (rarely) Amazon delivering early but as is already mentioned, a lot of publishers have tried to prevent this from happening by sending instructions to storefronts saying they're not to dispatch pre-orders until the day before release
    Bandicootsback16/06/2020 13:23

Thanks guys. Ive pre-ordered TLOU2 from thegamecollection so will wait and …Thanks guys. Ive pre-ordered TLOU2 from thegamecollection so will wait and see

41124503-PmWZl.jpg
    Will be with you Friday
    With how bad a lot of games have been on release in the last few years wouldn't preorder without it was a exclusive set with physical extras.
    Author
    Thanks guys. Ive pre-ordered TLOU2 from thegamecollection so will wait and see
's avatar