Groups

Early Pregnancy Problems - going 2 Hospital tomorrow - Update April 2009 - Now expecting

I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant but had a problem with bleeding just a touch since Tuesday night,I was lucky to get a ultrascan yesterday morning down my GP's surgery as it just happened who I got to see down there had a machine in his room.I had to call up GP surgery as I'm not currently booked in with midwife etc,actually got booked in today.I was thinking I get sent for a ultra scan down the local hospital so didn't have a full bladder,only had my breakfast juice really, so he couldn't get a clear image but managed to see I was still pregnant,my baby still there and he was pretty sure he could see a flicker on screen which was heartbeat.Anyway this afternoon it seems the bleeding as picked up a bit,its still rather little,I mean other day I wore a pad and there was no loss,only when I wiped I noticed a touch.I've been told if it gets any heavier or if I start to feel ill I'm to go into A&E.
    I know there isn't anything they can do if the pregnancy is not to be,tomorrow I'm going into hospital to the early pregnancy unit to have a better check up,I spoke to a midwife at my local hospital and she said they wouldn't scan me there and I'm best go to an early pregnancy unit as they can have a much closer look.
    I'm hoping the baby is ok and hopefully I know a bit more tomorrow.

75 Comments

Mum2Connor&Cerys

I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant but had a problem with bleeding just a … I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant but had a problem with bleeding just a touch since Tuesday night,I was lucky to get a ultrascan yesterday morning down my GP's surgery as it just happened who I got to see down there had a machine in his room.I had to call up GP surgery as I'm not currently booked in with midwife etc,actually got booked in today.I was thinking I get sent for a ultra scan down the local hospital so didn't have a full bladder,only had my breakfast juice really, so he couldn't get a clear image but managed to see I was still pregnant,my baby still there and he was pretty sure he could see a flicker on screen which was heartbeat.Anyway this afternoon it seems the bleeding as picked up a bit,its still rather little,I mean other day I wore a pad and there was no loss,only when I wiped I noticed a touch.I've been told if it gets any heavier or if I start to feel ill I'm to go into A&E.I know there isn't anything they can do if the pregnancy is not to be,tomorrow I'm going into hospital to the early pregnancy unit to have a better check up,I spoke to a midwife at my local hospital and she said they wouldn't scan me there and I'm best go to an early pregnancy unit as they can have a much closer look.I'm hoping the baby is ok and hopefully I know a bit more tomorrow.

Aw poor love, really feel for you. Im 21 weeks and was told spotting was normal in the early weeks, but i really wouldnt take any chances. Ring your local hospital and ask for the midwifes desk. They will help you and tell you what to do next.
    Have you any stomach pains, have you scratched yourself?

Banned

Good luck for tomorrow.

It is quite common, but always scary nethertheless.

I'm sure alot of women on here will tell you that it has happened to them.

Fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes for tomorrow!!, I'm sure all is ok!

Original Poster

Thanks.

Original Poster

Iom-RF

Best wishes for tomorrow!!, I'm sure all is ok![SIZE="1"](see the free … Best wishes for tomorrow!!, I'm sure all is ok![SIZE="1"](see the free condoms didn't arrive in time then!...... :giggle: )[/SIZE]

lol,no its no accident,it was planned.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy

Aw poor love, really feel for you. Im 21 weeks and was told spotting was … Aw poor love, really feel for you. Im 21 weeks and was told spotting was normal in the early weeks, but i really wouldnt take any chances. Ring your local hospital and ask for the midwifes desk. They will help you and tell you what to do next.Have you any stomach pains, have you scratched yourself?

I'm all sorted to get properly looked at tomorrow,no pains at all back ache the usual you expect to get really,def not scratched myself.

Banned

i hope all goes well for you tomorrow xxxx

Feet up and lots of making the daddy wait on you

Good luck hun I will be crossing my fingers for you

Editor

Hope all is o.k ((hugs))

Feet up. Relax.. Hope all goes well tomorrow!!

Take care xx

I had bleeding and stomach pains with my 1st, shes now 16.
    try and take it easy, keep your feet up.
    hope all goes well xx

Take it easy, and all my best wishes go out to you for tomorrow.

Will be thinking of you. I'm sure everything will be ok.

Stop worrying !
    Kind thoughts and best wishes to you

Original Poster

T.Y ppl,will update tomorrow,hope not miss any hot deals while I'm away!

Good luck for tomorrow! xx

Hope everything is ok! =)

All the best

Hope all goes well today. Fingers crossed xxx
    Could be spotting as this is when you would have been due.

Good luck for today....hope all goes well

best of luck

good luck, I hope everything goes ok...

Good Luck

best of luck.hope today brings good news xxx

Best of luck sweetie. Hopefully everything will be okay. I had the same with my first baby and spent the entire pregnancy on tender hooks. Now I have a hyper toddler to show for it! If things go wrong there is probably a good reason for it but I am sure everything will be good.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.
    I really hope everythings ok and its just spotting.
    xx

Good luck, best wishes

Bit late I know but good lucky hun. Hope everything is ok for you.

wwgd luck XXXX

Original Poster

Ok well I'm back ( been back a few hrs actually but been resting and eating ) and they scanned me,and I'm still pregnant.I'm actually 8 weeks going by my date of last period but on the scan the measurments are coming up a bit small and according to that it says I'm 6 wks pregnant.Because its quite early on,she couldn't really have a clear picture of what was there so they offered me an internal scan.So I was told to go to toilet as I drank a fair bit of water prior to the normal scan and I come back in.I was just getting ready to have it done and there was some kind of power failure and the machine went off and it took her a while to get it back on and it takes a while for it all to load up.Could been worse,it could have cut out while she was in middle of doing the scan.They told me theres a heart beat,there is no bleeding coming from the baby so I'm hoping this just passes.
    I've been offered to come back in next week for another scan,as they like to keep a check on the baby to make sure its growing so I'm going back Thursday and hopefully this bleeding eases off.I was told there a cyst too one of my ovaries,she said that be most likely hormonal.
    I feel well,and I not had any morning sickness,thats normal 4 me cos didn't have any with other 2 so least thats 1 less thing to deal with.
    Its also changed my outlook on things too,well I planned to have the baby at home providing baby wasn't in any tricky positions cos then I request a C-Section but now I'm def going to the main hospital as I have done previous times and also before I never asked what I was having but if I get chance to ask I'm going to this time.

thanks 4 everyones replies and kind words.
    xxx

Banned

Great news xxx

Great news Glad everything is ok

Please keep us updated wont you! :-D

Thats good to hear! Glad its good news..... look after yourself and baby :thumbsup:

Great news...get yer feet up for a couple of days lass!!

Unless things have really come on since our last (5 years) will they be able to sex the wee one on your next visit?? Maybe I picked you up wrong.

Anyhow...doesnt matter. Great news for you. Keep well!

Glad you had some good news Mum2Connor&Cerys... I know how worried you must've been with the bleeding, hopefully it'll ease up now and you'll have a healthy & happy pregnancy.

Lots of love & luck
    Sadie xx

Banned

Thats wondeful news, make sure you rest up and take things easy xxxxx

Banned

Aww, babes. We had such a good pregnancy with both our children and no complications of any sort. I'm almost in tears (good tears), for you as I understand how you must be thinking all sorts of stuff. Most of the posts say to put your feet up and relax, and whilst I understand this must be hard with all the stuff going on. However our friend is a midwife, and see's mums like you on a daily basis, miscarriages, cists, still borns, etc are common place in her world (infact she miscarried twice herself with her 2nd child). The point of all this is how taking it easy is important advice right now, when she miscarried the 1st time we went nuts, but she just shrugged it off and started again. Obviously I hope nothing bad happens, but what we discovered is a relaxed attitude towards these things tends to mean you are not getting stressed, which in turn means you will not get ill, which will mean less complications. Discover tea...and lots of it, and put your feet up!!

Congratulations and good luck

Mum2Connor&Cerys

Ok well I'm back ( been back a few hrs actually but been resting and … Ok well I'm back ( been back a few hrs actually but been resting and eating ) and they scanned me,and I'm still pregnant.I'm actually 8 weeks going by my date of last period but on the scan the measurments are coming up a bit small and according to that it says I'm 6 wks pregnant.Because its quite early on,she couldn't really have a clear picture of what was there so they offered me an internal scan.So I was told to go to toilet as I drank a fair bit of water prior to the normal scan and I come back in.I was just getting ready to have it done and there was some kind of power failure and the machine went off and it took her a while to get it back on and it takes a while for it all to load up.Could been worse,it could have cut out while she was in middle of doing the scan.They told me theres a heart beat,there is no bleeding coming from the baby so I'm hoping this just passes.I've been offered to come back in next week for another scan,as they like to keep a check on the baby to make sure its growing so I'm going back Thursday and hopefully this bleeding eases off.I was told there a cyst too one of my ovaries,she said that be most likely hormonal.I feel well,and I not had any morning sickness,thats normal 4 me cos didn't have any with other 2 so least thats 1 less thing to deal with.Its also changed my outlook on things too,well I planned to have the baby at home providing baby wasn't in any tricky positions cos then I request a C-Section but now I'm def going to the main hospital as I have done previous times and also before I never asked what I was having but if I get chance to ask I'm going to this time.thanks 4 everyones replies and kind words.xxx

What a horrible thing to have to go through. I can understand what you are going through; I haemorrhaged at 13 weeks with my 1st son. I was told to expect the worst as the bleeding was so severe. Well I defied the odds and my son was still well and fighting fit.
    Unfortunately it was not to be the last; I bled heavily throughout my pregnancy and spent the majority of it in hospital.
    Unfortunately these things do happen but I am happy to say that my son is very healthy and I am now 22 weeks pregnant with number 2. I have had bleeding in this pregnancy as well amongst all the other pregnancy related stuff! Pregnancy is certainly no fun for me!
    It is easy to read all the bad things that could happen but I am living proof that there is good as well. Just look after yourself and take things easy. I could of easily slapped all my friends and family who said what’s meant to be is meant to be so all I will say is I hope you have an enjoyable pregnancy and that this is the last of the bleeding!

Original Poster

Rockhound

Great news...get yer feet up for a couple of days lass!!Unless things … Great news...get yer feet up for a couple of days lass!!Unless things have really come on since our last (5 years) will they be able to sex the wee one on your next visit?? Maybe I picked you up wrong.Anyhow...doesnt matter. Great news for you. Keep well!

20 week scan they can tell if boy or girl.

Original Poster

UltimoScorpion

Aww, babes. We had such a good pregnancy with both our children and no … Aww, babes. We had such a good pregnancy with both our children and no complications of any sort. I'm almost in tears (good tears), for you as I understand how you must be thinking all sorts of stuff. Most of the posts say to put your feet up and relax, and whilst I understand this must be hard with all the stuff going on. However our friend is a midwife, and see's mums like you on a daily basis, miscarriages, cists, still borns, etc are common place in her world (infact she miscarried twice herself with her 2nd child). The point of all this is how taking it easy is important advice right now, when she miscarried the 1st time we went nuts, but she just shrugged it off and started again. Obviously I hope nothing bad happens, but what we discovered is a relaxed attitude towards these things tends to mean you are not getting stressed, which in turn means you will not get ill, which will mean less complications. Discover tea...and lots of it, and put your feet up!! Congratulations and good luck

Trust me I'm resting a lot.I don't have to go out anywhere now till Tuesday,cos my Mum be over Monday and she picks the children up from school so then I just have to go out once a day to pick them up,my partner always sees them into school every morning before he goes to work.I really ain't been doing a great deal either past few wks,compared to when I was pregnant previous times.

Original Poster

sadiebabes

Glad you had some good news Mum2Connor&Cerys... I miscarried in August at … Glad you had some good news Mum2Connor&Cerys... I miscarried in August at 7 weeks so I know how worried you must've been with the bleeding, hopefully it'll ease up now and you'll have a healthy & happy pregnancy.Lots of love & luck Sadie xx

Aww thats a shame,when the time is ready and if you want to try again I'm sure it be fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions