Early upgrade for o2 contract customers who got their phone through carphone warehouse

Posted 30th Apr 2020
Not sure whats going on here but I like many other CPW and o2 customers have received an email saying that o2 are no longer in business with CPW but that this would not affect my contract.

I checked my o2 account anyway and to my surprise it stated that I could upgrade to o2 refresh and that o2 would pay off the rest of my contract.

Gift horse, mouth, not looking at it....

Not sure if this is available to all CPW/o2 customers but worth checking. Especially as they are giving away 6 months disney+ too.

My contract was due to finish march 2021 - I've opted to keep my total contract cost and end date the same but added 50% more data and a cheap phone that can be a spare. If i did want to leave early now i'd only have to pay off the device plan which is £8 a month rather than my previous £31 a month contract.
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    not sure if this is worth it im able but its all 36months with high prices...
    Author
    You can drop it down to 12months or less. I've just gone for cheap phone that I will either sell or return. Leaving me with a rolling one month contract that is cheaper and with more data than I had before and can leave whenever I want as long as I pay off the device plan or return the phone.

Basically if you're ok with your current phone you can get more data for less money.

Agree that the phones are expensive unless you get a refurb.

When I want a new phone I'll probably switch networks like I usually do to get the best deal or go via retentions - and I can do that earlier now.

And Disney+ too is a bonus. (edited)
Top Merchants