Earn Nintendo Reward Points for Physical Switch Games - works with multiple copies of the same game!

Found 3rd Jun
Okay, so a while ago someone posted the fact that you can collect Nintendo Reward points for Nintendo Switch cartridges (sorry, I can't find the post to credit the OP).

HOWEVER I've just realised that you can redeem multiple copies of the same game! The reward points seem to be linked to the individual cartridge, not the game title. For example, if you have 3 copies of Zelda, you can earn 60 points each (180 points in total).

You simply insert the game cartridge, highlight the game in the main menu, press the + button, scroll down to My Nintendo Rewards Programme, and select Earn Points (game card version only). These points can then be used to purchase games on the Switch store. It's not a deal as such, but lots of people don't know about it.

Obviously most people won't have more than 1 copy of each game, but if anybody out there is a game seller / trader then you can probably earn a lot of points very easily...

It might also help out people who have friends with the same games but don't care about the points - you could borrow their cartridge and redeem the points on your account!

Hope this helps someone out.
Community Updates
Misc
3 Comments
Yes they are tied to the individual cartridges, so if you sell the game the new user can’t redeem the points.
But why would you ever own multiple copies of the same game?
Edited by: "paulnrowland" 3rd Jun
paulnrowland34 m ago

Yes they are tied to the individual cartridges, so if you sell the game …Yes they are tied to the individual cartridges, so if you sell the game the new user can’t redeem the points.But why would you ever own multiple copies of the same game?

Most people won't, but as I mentioned in the post, but some might i.e. if you are a game seller / trader or have a friend with the same game who isn't bothered about the points. I just wanted to raise awareness that it was possible to do this, because I didn't know until I tried it!
Awesome. I buy, trade and sell games all the time. Usually have multiples of the same game so this is a pretty good way to build up points.

Bought a few switch bundles recently and sold off the spare consoles whilst keeping the games & accessories.
Will give this a go later
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants