Earphone advice needed please

Posted 12th Jan
Hi guys, can i ask for recommendations on decent Bluetooth earbuds that would stop the noise of a plane when flying please, I've got some jvc ones but I can hardly hear the shows I'm watching for the noise of the plane,I also have android device if that counts xxx thankyou xxx
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
A hearing test 1st & foremost. & maybe an analysis of the sound levels of your programme.
Your budget would help
Mr_Gus12/01/2020 19:39

A hearing test 1st & foremost. & maybe an analysis of the sound levels of …A hearing test 1st & foremost. & maybe an analysis of the sound levels of your programme.

snoopy1812/01/2020 19:42

Your budget would help

Nothing ridiculously expensive but willing to pay for quality xx
rev612/01/2020 19:44

I don't follow? Have I written something wrong? Xx
You'd maybe want some over-the-ear headphones rather than earbuds if you are looking to block out the noise of the plane. If your budget allows it then a pair of Bose QC noise-cancelling headphones would be perfect, if not then there are other more budget-friendly alternatives out there.
dancingmeggy12/01/2020 19:52

Nothing ridiculously expensive but willing to pay for quality xx

What is the maximum amount that you'd like to pay for them? You'll get better suggestions if you let people know what kind of budget you have for a pair.
Haircut_10012/01/2020 19:53

You'd maybe want some over-the-ear headphones rather than earbuds if you …You'd maybe want some over-the-ear headphones rather than earbuds if you are looking to block out the noise of the plane. If your budget allows it then a pair of Bose QC noise-cancelling headphones would be perfect, if not then there are other more budget-friendly alternatives out there.

39660276-ylh8b.jpgI do like over the ear ones as these are the ones I have currently but whilst they're great for most things, they're useless on a plane xx
Haircut_10012/01/2020 19:55

What is the maximum amount that you'd like to pay for them? You'll get …What is the maximum amount that you'd like to pay for them? You'll get better suggestions if you let people know what kind of budget you have for a pair.

This is the thing, I'm not sure what's good or bad price as it's not really something I've been into much but since I got my last set I would like to watch stuff on a plane but can't with these, I'm probably looking at no more than £80 is that about right for some decent ones? They aren't used all the time, just for holidays and weekends away, I don't go running or commute etc xxx
You want active noise cancelling enclosed headphones, bed look on YouTube
Just as a suggestion, have you tried changing the tips to memory foam ones? If possible to get them for them headphones it would be worth a try for the cost of a few ££.

A correct fitting set of foam tips are great at blocking out external sounds due to their snug fit in the ear

Else there are some great taotronics noise cancelling and folding over ear headphones for around £30, plenty of choice on Amazon

Example pair with very good reviews, i got them but not used on a flight yet TT noise cancelling regularly have discounts or vouchers available better than the 5% currently
Edited by: "a666andy" 12th Jan
I have got this recently. No complaint for £30
amazon.co.uk/Mpo…8-3
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 12th Jan
a666andy12/01/2020 20:05

Just as a suggestion, have you tried changing the tips to memory foam …Just as a suggestion, have you tried changing the tips to memory foam ones? If possible to get them for them headphones it would be worth a try for the cost of a few ££. A correct fitting set of foam tips are great at blocking out external sounds due to their snug fit in the earElse there are some great taotronics noise cancelling and folding over ear headphones for around £30, plenty of choice on AmazonExample pair with very good reviews, i got them but not used on a flight yet TT noise cancelling regularly have discounts or vouchers available better than the 5% currently

I haven't no, but I will have a look for some and give that a go aswell, thank you xx
dancingmeggy12/01/2020 19:53

I don't follow? Have I written something wrong? Xx

He’s laughing at the comment from mr gus
No in-ears will block engine noise, you need to spend £200+ on over ear noise cancelling from Bose,Sony, Senheisser. It's a lot of money but worth it if you travel long haul regular.
I know it's not exactly what you've asked for, but I don't think ear buds are much use at all when it comes to noise cancellation to be honest! If you're willing to consider other options, you're better with proper headphones and you can get decent ones for about £100ish, maybe a bit less if you shop around. My partner has the SONY WH-CH700N wireless bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones for travelling and they are great!
Edited by: "Psychobunni" 13th Jan
For the above two comments - I have used in-ears without ANC for years and never really had an issue, quite simply, if you stop the sounds coming in then you have not a lot of noise to 'cancel', so saying they are pointless is way off the mark.

Personally, I find a good fitting pair of buds better at keeping out noise than a pair of over the ear (cheap or expensive) as the 'seal' is much better. That's not to say ANC is pointless, but I am merely saying it's a better place to start, so is not a blanket 'rule them out' answer. ANC has it's own traits with sound production / power etc. so for a big pair of 'cans' at £200+, it may not be to everyones taste.

For example, my last couple of flights, as they were short haul, I stuck with my earbuds as easier to stick in my pocket rather than a big pair of over the ears, this is personal preference as I prefer not to carry any bags once at the airport / getting on the plane. I may even consider a pair of in-ear ANC ear buds for this very reason, again, personal choice.

Fly peacefully people
Edited by: "a666andy" 13th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions