Groups

Earphones for 2G iPhone?

Hi all.

I want some earphones for my 2G iPhone - a standard earphone jack doesn't work so I assume I need to buy 'special' ones, can anyone please recommend some to buy? I don't want to spend millions, just something that does the job useably well LOL!

Thanks all, really appreciate any suggestions x

8 Comments

SoundMagic MP21 ?

2g uses normal 3.5mm headphones but the actual port is recessed or something.

Original Poster

chrisjackson

SoundMagic MP21 ?

Thanks, have you used these yourself? Can't find many reviews and they cost more than I wanted to pay

Original Poster

matt3454

2g uses normal 3.5mm headphones but the actual port is recessed or … 2g uses normal 3.5mm headphones but the actual port is recessed or something.

Oh really? It does seem like it fits so I think this is correct what you are saying - do you have an idea how to get round this, please?

Original Poster

matt3454

could try … could try this:http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/16323-how-make-any-headphones-work-your-iphone.html;p

LOL! I may well try this, I hate Apple sometimes, trying to force me to buy their own branded products

Re. SoundMagic MP21 Nope, haven't tried them. Suggestion came from quick search. Did find good reviews though. Seem like good value; you're probably playing a bit for the microphone facility etc.
    If you just want adaptor to use any phones with the iPhone, check out Exspect EX864 for £1.50 from Amazon.

Original Poster

chrisjackson

Re. SoundMagic MP21 Nope, haven't tried them. Suggestion came from quick … Re. SoundMagic MP21 Nope, haven't tried them. Suggestion came from quick search. Did find good reviews though. Seem like good value; you're probably playing a bit for the microphone facility etc.If you just want adaptor to use any phones with the iPhone, check out Exspect EX864 for £1.50 from Amazon.

Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc35
      2. Boxes for moving house?33
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions