Groups
    EXPIRED

Earphones Recommendations & Deals

Hi All

I've just "broken" a pair of Sennheiser CX400 II earphones. I say "broken" because despite only using them carefully and normally, not even when running or anything, using the cable winder when not listening to them, the right earpiece ceased to function.

This is the second set of these I've had and despite the sound quality being pretty good for the £20 price tag, the build quality is dreadful and I'm not wasting any more money on Sennheiser.

I also own a pair of Klipsch X-1 which I'm not a big fan of, they're too uncomfortable for use over any long period of time.

I'm looking for some recommendations please, on a brand / model I can switch to without spending a fortune. They need to have some decent build quality and last more than the 2 months I got out of the CX400s - and sound quality's equally important.

Thanks in advance

2 Comments

I know it sounds like a **** windows solution but have you tried repeatedly banging the earpiece? When my earphones play up (as they have done twice now) I just repeatedly tap the ear piece against a wall or table or something and normally does the trick

Original Poster

daddydeals

I know it sounds like a **** windows solution but have you tried … I know it sounds like a **** windows solution but have you tried repeatedly banging the earpiece? When my earphones play up (as they have done twice now) I just repeatedly tap the ear piece against a wall or table or something and normally does the trick

Haha, nah mate it's not the earpiece that's the problem, it's the wire in the jack. They've been getting quieter over the last couple of weeks and now the right one has died. Common problem with CX400s apparently.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767415
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876394
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3180

See more discussions