Earphones which do you recommend?

Posted 4th Nov
I used to have a bose soundsport which I purchased two years ago on black Friday but now they are wearing out and the cable thread seems to have undone itself. Apparently it is a common issue with bose.

I am now looking for some new earphones.
I need them to be versatile so good for running and good for studying and something that will last a fair while.
Are there any you recommend?

Budget around £100
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Ibasso IT01, with the right tips I'm sure they would stay in whilst running, but don't quote me on that, I own lots of headphones from good value to uber expensive, the price performance of these is pretty amazing.

They pair great with one of these (if your device only supports Bluetooth codec SBC don't buy this)

advancedmp3players, sell on Amazon as well which is probably the best way to get anything from them.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 4th Nov
Marshall Mid A.N.C can be had for just over £100 for a decent used set from Amazon Warehouse..

But Bose QC would be my "money-no-object" recommendation..
Be careful with wireless headphones, if your device/headphone doesn't support the higher bitrate codecs then your stuck with SBC which is
adam_holcombe04/11/2019 15:31

Marshall Mid A.N.C can be had for just over £100 for a decent used set …Marshall Mid A.N.C can be had for just over £100 for a decent used set from Amazon Warehouse.. But Bose QC would be my "money-no-object" recommendation..

Which Bose ? Link please
Zed96304/11/2019 15:42

Which Bose ? Link please

They're way over your budget
4Real201604/11/2019 15:44

They're way over your budget

I know but I’m just interested.

The other two earphones mentioned in this thread I’ve never ever heard of
Three year warranty with RHA

MA750/i

Out of interest what is your source of music?
Edited by: "OllieSt" 4th Nov
Zed96304/11/2019 15:44

I know but I’m just interested. The other two earphones mentioned in this t …I know but I’m just interested. The other two earphones mentioned in this thread I’ve never ever heard of

amazon.co.uk/Bos…8-3
OllieSt04/11/2019 15:45

Three year warranty with RHAMA750/iOut of interest what is your source of …Three year warranty with RHAMA750/iOut of interest what is your source of music?

Apple Iphone

I have been looking at the Bose wireless sound sport would they be any good ?
Zed96304/11/2019 15:44

The other two earphones mentioned in this thread I’ve never ever heard of

That's unfortunate
Zed96304/11/2019 15:51

Apple Iphone I have been looking at the Bose wireless sound sport would …Apple Iphone I have been looking at the Bose wireless sound sport would they be any good ?

Personally I would never buy wireless headphones for general usage because they invariably represent such poor value for money for their sound. If you buy a pair of headphones with mmcx connections when the cable fails you can just replace that. The RHA's don't come with that connection but they do offer a robust no quibble 3 year replacement guarantee and are a pretty well reviewed iem. that said and done I don't know what they would be like for running.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 4th Nov
OllieSt04/11/2019 16:00

Personally I would never buy wireless headphones for general usage …Personally I would never buy wireless headphones for general usage because they invariably represent such poor value for money for their sound. If you buy a pair of headphones with mmcx connections when the cable fails you can just replace that. The RHA's don't come with that connection but they do offer a robust no quibble 3 year replacement guarantee and are a pretty well reviewed iem. that said and done I don't know what they would be like for running.

That's why Bluetooth codec is very important (both devices need to support the same Bluetooth codec), iphone uses AAC over Bluetooth which is pretty good, LDAC (developed by Sony) on Android is capable of Hi Res audio over Bluetooth, even the most expensive headphones using SBC are going to sound pants.
I have backbeat fit - awesome for running and waterproof
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants