Eastcoast Train delay compensation

Found 10th Mar 2015
Hi All,

I traveled on Eastcoast on the weekend and the train was delayed. Usually I can claim half price of ticket back as it was between 30-60 minutes. However I used a ticket I previously received as compensation for a previous delay, so the ticket doesn't have a face value. Is there anything I can still do?

Seems stupid that you aren't able to claim anything because its a "free ticket" ironically from a previous delay. If I didn't have this ticket I would have bought a ticket and therefore been entitled to compensation.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskTrain
5 Comments
Still eligible for a refund. The compensation you received originally is basically a cheque (that can only be used for train tickets).

I've done this many times.
adam_holcombe

Still eligible for a refund. The compensation you received originally is … Still eligible for a refund. The compensation you received originally is basically a cheque (that can only be used for train tickets). I've done this many times.

It would have been easy had I used the compensation cheque to buy a ticket, however this was a First Class scratch card type ticket supplied by Eastcoast due to a delay of 3+ hours previously. So it was on top of the "cheque compensation" which I already used before. Therefore the ticket doesn't have a value attached. What do I select online for such a case?
master10

It would have been easy had I used the compensation cheque to buy a … It would have been easy had I used the compensation cheque to buy a ticket, however this was a First Class scratch card type ticket supplied by Eastcoast due to a delay of 3+ hours previously. So it was on top of the "cheque compensation" which I already used before. Therefore the ticket doesn't have a value attached. What do I select online for such a case?

may be worth calling them.
Fill in form and send wht you have. You will be OK.
i don't think you'll get any compensation for a free ticket, because it was free - just like if you'd bought a super saver ticket for £5, you'd only get 50%, so £2.50. 50% of free (0) is zero.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions