Easy and free way of creating a simple app

Posted 20th Nov
I'm trying to work out the best way to create some sort of app that can gather answers to a small amount of questions. It's to gather customer satisfaction feedback in a reception area so I want people to be able to quickly rate us, either by pressing a happy of sad face or selecting one to five stars and maybe a few supplementary questions. I have the option of doing this on a windows or android tablet. I've seen some of the commercial apps available but for what I want, they are quite expensive. The free options tend to show adverts which, I want to avoid. I've no coding abilities so I wondered if there was a user friendly way around this either for android or windows? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
As above, does it specifically have to be an app?

Otherwise try appinventor.mit.edu/
Thanks for both replies. I've considered survey monkey but ideally, I want it to reset to the start after each use otherwise, to anyone passing it, it may not be immediately obvious what it is for.
No, if there were a way of doing it with MS Access or maybe something even easier, that would be great. I've got the windows tablet that runs Win 10 so that probably gives me more options. I'll take a look at the link you have provided. Thanks
mark111120/11/2019 11:33

Thanks for both replies. I've considered survey monkey but ideally, I want …Thanks for both replies. I've considered survey monkey but ideally, I want it to reset to the start after each use otherwise, to anyone passing it, it may not be immediately obvious what it is for. No, if there were a way of doing it with MS Access or maybe something even easier, that would be great. I've got the windows tablet that runs Win 10 so that probably gives me more options. I'll take a look at the link you have provided. Thanks

SurveyMonkey does exactly what you want?

surveymonkey.com/mp/…ys/

Alternatively, I've got a bit of capacity at the moment, PM me and I'll see what I can knock up for you?

Also, don't forget Google Forms
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 20th Nov
Otherwise try asking on a freelance website. Should be able to knock a simple web page up with database back end in a couple of hours or less. My prices are probably out of your price range but I imagine someone will do something for £50 or less.
Ok, thanks for both your responses. I'll take another look at survey monkey. Its been a while since I last used it. Google forms may also be an option, thanks. If I don't get anywhere with those, I may get in touch with you Adam, thanks.
adam_holcombe20/11/2019 11:40

Example Google …Example Google Forms:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0m2VN4o-zN5Xgr_LbyvuZrDXppJvR3IZb56nl7ueAKCCScg/viewform?usp=sf_link

I've given that a try and it would do what I require. I'm assuming that if I am logged into the Google account on the tablet, it will quite happily allow users to submit feedback without the user having to log in? And do you know of an option to have it return to the beginning after a set period of time without the user having to press 'submit another response'?
mark111120/11/2019 11:54

I've given that a try and it would do what I require. I'm assuming that if …I've given that a try and it would do what I require. I'm assuming that if I am logged into the Google account on the tablet, it will quite happily allow users to submit feedback without the user having to log in? And do you know of an option to have it return to the beginning after a set period of time without the user having to press 'submit another response'?

No, you want to stay logged out of the account on the device that is being used to complete the answers..

You're kinda asking for features that are usually "paid", such as the reset you're asking about.
adam_holcombe20/11/2019 12:10

No, you want to stay logged out of the account on the device that is being …No, you want to stay logged out of the account on the device that is being used to complete the answers..You're kinda asking for features that are usually "paid", such as the reset you're asking about.

I'm sure you're right. It seems that a lot of solutions now require a monthly subscription in order to use them. I'll experiment with the different options suggested above and see if they work and if not, I'll get back to you. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants