Groups

Easy to fix an iphone 3g?

Anyone ever fixed an Iphone 3g Screen?

How easy is it? Any guides?

Thank youuuuu =]

5 Comments

If it's under warranty I'd take it into an Apple store and let them sort it.

If it's not under warranty, I'd weigh up the cost of parts and the probability I'd break the phone in the process. I'd decide against fixing it and take it to a Genius bar in an Apple store, and get a brand new like for like replacement for £140. But that's just me :P.

Never fixed one myself but if you are to do it there are plenty of simple videos on Youtube

Original Poster

nickw90;8584546

If it's under warranty I'd take it into an Apple store and let them sort … If it's under warranty I'd take it into an Apple store and let them sort it.If it's not under warranty, I'd weigh up the cost of parts and the probability I'd break the phone in the process. I'd decide against fixing it and take it to a Genius bar in an Apple store, and get a brand new like for like replacement for £140. But that's just me :P.

Its not that I have warranty (I know how the apple works I had an iphone a while back ago).. but the main reason is because I know someone whos selling one.
    I'm just considering whether to buy it off him, they even go on fleabay for about £100ish..
    So what happens if its water damaged...Does that £140 vary? or fixed cost?

robappleby89;8584557

Never fixed one myself but if you are to do it there are plenty of simple … Never fixed one myself but if you are to do it there are plenty of simple videos on Youtube

Thanks =]

Boom123;8584596

Its not that I have warranty (I know how the apple works I had an iphone … Its not that I have warranty (I know how the apple works I had an iphone a while back ago).. but the main reason is because I know someone whos selling one.I'm just considering whether to buy it off him, they even go on fleabay for about £100ish..So what happens if its water damaged...Does that £140 vary? or fixed cost?

People buy broken ones off eBay, just to take them into an Apple store and swap them for a new one, for £140. A few of my mates picked up cheap ones and then paid the £140, and got a brand new 3G for under £200.

The £140 doesn't vary (unless it's in warranty and it might be less!). I've had them swap a water damaged phone before, no problem. I even told them it was water damaged and the guy said OK.

I replaced mine last summer, about 50 quid for a replacement from flebay. A bit of a fiddly job and depends if it's the screen (glass) or the digitizer (lcd). You may wanna grab one of the toolkits also, 2 or 3 quid or just. Only about half a dozen small screws and 3 connections inside. Check youtube for 10000 vids showing how its done. good luck.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553747
      2. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842

See more discussions