Found 15th Feb
Hey, I don't know a great deal in regards to wiring electronics in the car but does anyone know a easy to hide/quality dashcam like the mobius that I can plug n play without too much work? I only would need it when I'm driving and not parked.

thanks

1. Ask
  2. Dash Cam
14 Comments

all the popular ones generally have set up guides on youtube, they all are basically the same

if you are still uncomfortable I'm pretty sure any local garage/auto shop will fit it, or some facebook randomer for a fiver

Original Poster

murtgurge

all the popular ones generally have set up guides on youtube, they all … all the popular ones generally have set up guides on youtube, they all are basically the sameif you are still uncomfortable I'm pretty sure any local garage/auto shop will fit it, or some facebook randomer for a fiver

ok sweet, have you used the mobius?

it took me 20 minutes to setup and hide the cable

most of them are just a standard 12v cigarette adapter that you just plug in and then hide the cable.

Original Poster

stefromuk

most of them are just a standard 12v cigarette adapter that you just plug … most of them are just a standard 12v cigarette adapter that you just plug in and then hide the cable.

are the cables long enough to hide somewhere? I can't imagine if the camera is placed by the central mirror it will look unsightly.

I've put mine behind the middle mirror on the drivers side so you don't see a lot of it and it kinda blends in with the mirror from the out side.
With the wire you can use the 12v or hard wire it to the cigarette lighter socket. You can hide the wire behind the trim from the roof around to the side of the window then depends on the layout of your car to where you hide the rest of the wire.

You won't need to remove the trim, just pull it and stuff the cable in out of sight. Clips are available on eBay or amazon if you don't want to hide it via the trim.

ukting

are the cables long enough to hide somewhere? I can't imagine if the … are the cables long enough to hide somewhere? I can't imagine if the camera is placed by the central mirror it will look unsightly.

​mines behind the mirror it doesn't get in the way either

Original Poster

danh88

​mines behind the mirror it doesn't get in the way either

no i mean the cable between the mirror and the cigerrete socket, how do you hide it?

ukting

no i mean the cable between the mirror and the cigerrete socket, how do … no i mean the cable between the mirror and the cigerrete socket, how do you hide it?

​You route it around the windscreen, down the A Piller and whatever way it takes to get to the socket

Original Poster

irononreverse

​You route it around the windscreen, down the A Piller and whatever way i … ​You route it around the windscreen, down the A Piller and whatever way it takes to get to the socket

ah ok i see, so pretty much does require opening the internals slightly then.

Would the included cable in say the Mobius dashcam be long enough to do that or would I need an extension?

ukting

ah ok i see, so pretty much does require opening the internals slightly … ah ok i see, so pretty much does require opening the internals slightly then.Would the included cable in say the Mobius dashcam be long enough to do that or would I need an extension?

​not really taking everything off the only bit of cable that'll show is a tiny bit going up to the roof lining why tuck the cable behind down the A pillar where can pull the door rubber off as far bottom as there's room to tuck more behind there and under the footwell

Original Poster

danh88

​not really taking everything off the only bit of cable that'll show is a … ​not really taking everything off the only bit of cable that'll show is a tiny bit going up to the roof lining why tuck the cable behind down the A pillar where can pull the door rubber off as far bottom as there's room to tuck more behind there and under the footwell

Cool think ill just pay to have a garage do it

Mine (a nextbase one 0) is behind the passenger side of my rear view mirror. The cable is hidden and wired into my fuse box so it comes on automatically when I turn the ignition on. If your going to spend a few quid then you may aswell buy a piggy back cable and do it properly

ukting

Cool think ill just pay to have a garage do it

​No harm buying it and looking at your options.
most of the cables are easily long enough my last one was about 8ft so I attached the camera tucked in just behind the rear view mirror.
Then tucked the cable behind the trim and led it to the passenger door and tucked it behind the door trim and then when it got to my dashboard I was lucky as I have a little flap that pops off for the fuses and could feed it through there and then into the passenger footwell behind the carpet and into my cigarette socket.
But like mentioned toy can have it hard wired into your fusebox but them in gets tricky.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564117
    2. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.99
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769274
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247584

See more discussions