Expired

Easyjet boading passes using an ipad.

Found 5th Mar 2014
I'm trying to print off boarding passes on easyjet website using my ipad which is using safari as a browser. Unfortunately safari is not allowing me to download the passes as a PDF file or opening up the passes in another window. Has anyone been able to download their passes using an alternative browser or free app?
(I haven't got a smartphone to use the easyjet mobile app and therefore need a paper copy)
Thankyou

9 Comments

Try downloading adobe reader to your iPad. Unsure if you'll be able to print straight from the app but it should open what you want to open. You could then just screen shot from within the app and print from your gallery

Original Poster

I've already got adobe installed, unfortunately nothing opens up in there.
I've installed the easyjet mobile app on my ipad and can see my boarding pass on there, however it doesn't then give me an option to print. Also, I've then gone on to check-in my husband but then my boarding pass disappears and only shows his. Does anyone know if this app only shows and remembers one passengers boarding pass at a time?

Erm.... http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/easyjet-boarding-passes-1823086

"I rang easyjet yesterday and was told straight away that the ipad is incompatible with their server (whatever that means). I've managed to get the passes from the library's computers, someone there helped me using various browsers and eventually it worked with Firefox. I'm going to see how many passengers show their smart phone at the boarding gate and how many have paper passes. This inconvenience may force me now to upgrade to a smartphone, I've complained to easyjet using their customer service feedback email.
Thanks for all your replies."

There may be a possibility that the check-in process is not completed therefore the PDF is not generating. Last time I checked in with a different airline, I couldn't get the pass either, and although it seemed like I was checked in, there was a hidden problem which they didn't highlight.
You may get the option of having them emailed to you, which would allow you to open the PDFs from the mail app.
Some European destinations do allow you to scan the QR code direct from your phone/the app, I'm assuming there's no problem with iPads if this is the case.
If either of you has an iPhone, you can also save the passes to Passbook which may also bypass the printing problem.

Original Poster

cdm22

Erm.... ."

I know I've asked this question before, but I've not really got a definitive answer and it will cost me another £4 to get the passes printed at the library again. In this day and age I can't understand why Easyjet is incompatible with the ipad and why there is no simple explanation or app to make the two compatible.
I'd just like to know if anyone out there has ever been able to print an easyjet boarding pass using an ipad.

Is it an hp printer? Download eprint, go onto Internet, type in the website address and print it from there.. It's like another internet app.. Works for me when safari doesn't work xx good luck enjoy your holiday
Edited by: "bargainsgalore123" 5th Mar 2014

"In this day and age I can't understand why Easyjet is incompatible with the ipad"

Maybe that phrase should be t'other way around. Why is it that Apple feels that the world should do things on their terms? One of the reasons I ditched my iPad 3 - finding this kind of stupid "how on earth do you.." question almost on a daily basis.

Sorry it doesn't help your immediate predicament. Easyjet works fine on OSX, Win, Linux, Android, and probably just about everything else.

Original Poster

bargainsgalore123

Is it an hp printer?

Yes it is. Following your suggestion my 10 yr old daughter has managed to both download and print of all the boarding passes. hallelujah success at last. I knew a fellow hukker would know a solution.
I can't thankyou enough. I've decided to try and use the mobile app at the airport but take the paper passes as back up. (I'm trying to embrace new technology but finding it hard to leave the 20th century)

Toptrumpet

Yes it is. Following your suggestion my 10 yr old daughter has managed … Yes it is. Following your suggestion my 10 yr old daughter has managed to both download and print of all the boarding passes. hallelujah success at last. I knew a fellow hukker would know a solution.I can't thankyou enough. I've decided to try and use the mobile app at the airport but take the paper passes as back up. (I'm trying to embrace new technology but finding it hard to leave the 20th century)

You are more than welcome, glad I could help xx
Have a lovely time !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants