Expired

Easyjet boarding passes

Found 11th Feb 2014
I've got an ipad and I'm trying to print off boarding passes for four passengers. I've checked in online but am unable to print boarding passes. It gives me the option to print boarding passes but nothing happens when I click on it? Has anyone managed to print from an ipad? Any ideas how to do it please. (No warning messages appear to say that the ipad is incompatible for printing etc)
Thankyou
Community Updates
20 Comments
Original Poster
Yes, my ipad does work with the printer, I'm thinking that the ipad is not compatible with easyjet's server.
I just would like to know if anyone has been able to print their boarding passes recently using their ipad.
Why don't you try the easyjet app and just show them pass direct from iPad (if from an available airport) saves paper and ink too.
Original Poster
Unfortunately, my vintage phone doesn't have internet access and I'd feel happier having paper copies, also what happens if you lose or have your phone stolen on holiday, how would that work on the return journey? I'm just wondering why I can't print from my iPad.

Can you get the boarding passes on the display? If so, why not just take a screen shot and print that? If not, can you not opt to have them emailed to you?
Original Poster
No the boarding passes do not come up on the display nor do they come up in a PDF for me to download. it just reverts me back to online checkin screen. I think I'll have to go to the library now and try their computers.
You using safari browser? Try a different one.
passes appear in a pop up window so turn off any unblockers

or just download them as pdfs and print
Original Poster
I rang easyjet yesterday and was told straight away that the ipad is incompatible with their server (whatever that means). I've managed to get the passes from the library's computers, someone there helped me using various browsers and eventually it worked with Firefox. I'm going to see how many passengers show their smart phone at the boarding gate and how many have paper passes. This inconvenience may force me now to upgrade to a smartphone, I've complained to easyjet using their customer service feedback email.
Thanks for all your replies.
if you can display the boarding passes on Phone/tablet they can scan it instead of the paper ones. Had this issue last week at birmingham airport flying with easyjet and just used my phone instead no problems
Edited by: "fringedmurdock" 12th Feb 2014
Yes, I am having exactly the same problem withy my iPad. Can't EasyJet update themselves for the connected iPad age? I use my iPad for everything - why should I have to turn to another device just to print my EasyJet boarding pass?
Original Poster
The only way I could get a boarding pass printed off using the ipad was to use the free HP eprint App as follows
1. Download HP eprint App (you might have to find alternative if you haven't got an HP printer)
2. Go onto easyjet website and click and copy website address
3. Go into Hp eprint App
4. click onto 'web' icon
5. paste the easyjet website address in the search bar
6. Input your flight/booking details to load up the boarding pass
7. print option should then appear, click preview pass and then click to print off as you normally would using the iPad's square with an upward arrow at the top left hand corner of screen.
Hope it helps. You cannot show the boarding pass on an ipad at the airport as their scanners only recognise the barcode on a phone as the size will differ. I noticed 90% of people on my flight all had printed boarding passes.
Let me know if it works or need any other suggestions.
The reason behind is flash being used by the website.
Try browser with flash support, like penguin etc.

Easyjet: spend some money to change the website to HTML5 supported one. Flash is history.
Get the google chrome app(free). Go through easyjet website using this browser.
I am trying to print my easy jet boarding passes on an iMac.
When I click on check in online it comes back with an Adobe download screen.I have Adobe downloaded already,but I can't get past this screen
Original Poster
When I had this problem it sorted itself out about 72 hours before we were due to fly. The original seats we had been allocated by easyjet had been altered. I think that you and your fellow passengers on the flight cannot download the passes because easyjet are still faffing around with the seating allocations. Try downloading google chrome which I think worked better than sending the pass to adobe to print off. Hang on in there and I'm sure easyjet will release your boarding pass to download. This is a peculiarity only affecting your flight so don't bother ringing easyjet. The only way to get your boarding pass instantly is to buy a reserved seat.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, I've downloaded google chrome and it worked perfectly. Boarding passes ready for tomorrow :-)
Original Poster
tanyacocks

Thank you, thank you, :-)

Happy Flighting!
Toptrumpet

The only way I could get a boarding pass printed off using the ipad was … The only way I could get a boarding pass printed off using the ipad was to use the free HP eprint App as follows1. Download HP eprint App (you might have to find alternative if you haven't got an HP printer)2. Go onto easyjet website and click and copy website address3. Go into Hp eprint App4. click onto 'web' icon5. paste the easyjet website address in the search bar6. Input your flight/booking details to load up the boarding pass7. print option should then appear, click preview pass and then click to print off as you normally would using the iPad's square with an upward arrow at the top left hand corner of screen.Hope it helps. You cannot show the boarding pass on an ipad at the airport as their scanners only recognise the barcode on a phone as the size will differ. I noticed 90% of people on my flight all had printed boarding passes.Let me know if it works or need any other suggestions.

fantastic
#11, yes! Had to download google chrome app in order to SEE the boarding passes, copied link from address bar, then opened HP ePrint app, clicked on the web icon and pasted onto the address bar there and then was able to print. Thank you!!!
Original Poster
Don't forget everyone about EasyJets article 26 Price promise.
Just keep checking your purchased flight price and if the price goes down then you can ring EasyJet customer services and ask for a refund voucher to be used within 6 months.
So far this year I've had many refunds totalling £640 and will put it towards more flights for next year.
You can claim for all the passengers that you bought tickets for but you must claim by phone only and if you want to book flights using more than one voucher then you have to book new flights over the phone as the website can only take one voucher code at a time.
The number to ring is : 0843 104 5000
Have your booking reference and details to hand and also the web page price open as they will ask what price it currently is. You can also claim more than once on every flight, so if the price keeps dropping you can call again and get another refund voucher.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions