Easyjet - book now or wait?

Found 23rd Sep 2017
Need to fly to Spain in March to take part in a half Marathon. Easyjet are the only ones that fly there on the date required. The price has gone up £8 PP since I looked a few days back. The flight at the moment looks like it only has a dozen or so seats allocated (I know that this maybe be because people have not paid to reserve seats,) should I chance holding on for a reduction or book now to avoid an increase? Easyjet no longer guarantee your price won't fall. I've looked at other airports and Leeds and Manchester are both more expensive than Newcastle, before factoring in additional cost of travel to airport.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I would book now. I always book my flights to Cyprus the day they are released. Flying out in 10 days and the price is nearly double what I paid for it. I think it may depend on the destination as well though.
Edited by: "r4rcm" 23rd Sep 2017
r4rcm3 m ago

I would book now. I always book my flights to Cyprus the day they are …I would book now. I always book my flights to Cyprus the day they are released. Flying out in 10 days and the price is nearly double what I paid for it. I think it may depend on the destination as well though.

Cheers, was hoping that price may go down as Spain isn't as popular March time. It's not kids holidays either.
I don't think it matters. You know as well as I do that 2 weeks after you book, however good the price appears to have been at the time, the price is gonna drop by a good £200.

That's what happened to me anyway
miikeyblue17 m ago

I don't think it matters. You know as well as I do that 2 weeks after you …I don't think it matters. You know as well as I do that 2 weeks after you book, however good the price appears to have been at the time, the price is gonna drop by a good £200.That's what happened to me anyway

It's stories like this that make me want to hold off. I'd be fuming!
Paddy_o_furniture14 m ago

It's stories like this that make me want to hold off. I'd be fuming!

I was! I think the trick is to book and then just not look. But I can't do that
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 23rd Sep 2017
The prices always go up the closer to the departure date.
What sort of prices have you been quoted?
Don't book we flew with easyjet to Berlin and back, and we had delays both return flights. And yes the "both return flights" wasn't a mistake. The first return flight got cancelled, and the second one was delayed.

As a result of the first one, we had to wait an extra day to leave (thankfully given accommodation, which we queued in a massive unorganised mess for 2 hours in, and then half an hour outside in the rain waiting for a taxi). This resulted in a 7 hour stay at the airport and we didn't actually get into the hotel room until gone half one in the morning.

This was over two months ago and still no news on compensation.
You could try hopper.com apparently it gives you an indication if to book now or wait
daletharper1 h, 54 m ago

The prices always go up the closer to the departure date.

Still quite away from departure.
Toptrumpet1 h, 50 m ago

What sort of prices have you been quoted?

£59 per person (2 pax)
The days I fly it means I have to fly back with RyanAir who want nearly 90 per person.

Dolphinzz13 m ago

Don't book we flew with easyjet to Berlin and back, and we …Don't book we flew with easyjet to Berlin and back, and we had delays both return flights. And yes the "both return flights" wasn't a mistake. The first return flight got cancelled, and the second one was delayed. As a result of the first one, we had to wait an extra day to leave (thankfully given accommodation, which we queued in a massive unorganised mess for 2 hours in, and then half an hour outside in the rain waiting for a taxi). This resulted in a 7 hour stay at the airport and we didn't actually get into the hotel room until gone half one in the morning.This was over two months ago and still no news on compensation.

I've no choice with the airlines I can fly with because of the days I need to fly. I've previously not had any problem with easyjet nor ryanair.
ScubaDudes2 m ago

You could try https://www.hopper.com apparently it gives you an indication …You could try https://www.hopper.com apparently it gives you an indication if to book now or wait

will try this, thanks.
Paddy_o_furniture10 m ago

Still quite away from departure.£59 per person (2 pax) The days I fly it …Still quite away from departure.£59 per person (2 pax) The days I fly it means I have to fly back with RyanAir who want nearly 90 per person.I've no choice with the airlines I can fly with because of the days I need to fly. I've previously not had any problem with easyjet nor ryanair.

Guess I was just unlucky then. This was the second time I flew with easyjet. Apparently it happens a lot with easyjet Berlin flights so next time I go there I won't fly with them
Clear your Easyjet cookies and see if you get the lower price
I looked at flights a couple of times and the prices went up each time,cleared the cookies and got the cheap 1st price quote i had before
PEPSIDAVE8 h, 30 m ago

Clear your Easyjet cookies and see if you get the lower priceI looked at …Clear your Easyjet cookies and see if you get the lower priceI looked at flights a couple of times and the prices went up each time,cleared the cookies and got the cheap 1st price quote i had before

I've tried that. I tried my dads laptop at his house so different IP too. Didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.
If you want to take a chance and wait, the best time to book will now be around 7-8 weeks before flying. Check on martin lewis site and other sites. They normally say the same. The best time to book flights is the day they are released.
I'd book now. If you absolutely must be there on specific days for an event, and only one airline flies there, you don't have any wiggle room. If it just so happens that the flight doubles in price, you'll just have to swallow it, so why take the risk. It's a different situation from trying to find a good flight deal for some summer holiday location at some point during the summer.
Muir5 h, 19 m ago

I'd book now. If you absolutely must be there on specific days for an …I'd book now. If you absolutely must be there on specific days for an event, and only one airline flies there, you don't have any wiggle room. If it just so happens that the flight doubles in price, you'll just have to swallow it, so why take the risk. It's a different situation from trying to find a good flight deal for some summer holiday location at some point during the summer.

Get off HUKD. Dishing out sensible advice isn't the norm round here. Yeah when I think about it, you're 100% right.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants