easyjet compensation

Found 9th Jun
Just wondering if anyone had to claim compensation from easyjet for a cancelled flight. Were due to leave last Sunday night and after 6 hours wait at the airport we were told that the flight was cancelled, It's not for poor weather conditions, initially we were told that some of the crew were missing, then that the plane coming from different destinations (Malta, Amsterdam, or Vienna)
Anyway we lost 1 day/1 night out of 5 (break in Barcelona), We had 5 night in Air b&b accommodation, so we lost one, we had to take a taxi to go home, and one back the next day, also as I work weekend, I lost 1 day of my holiday entitlement. So the question is can I claim for all these things> Thank you

PS: By the way we still were not told what was the real reason for the cancellation
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Can you claim on your travel insurance?
I would have thought all you need to know is here, but you have probably read it.
Edited by: "steve.t" 9th Jun
EasyJet is only liable to pay compensation for the cancelled flight.
The compensation you will be entitled to (€250 each) should cover your losses.
Easyjet should have given you a leaflet when they gave you airport vouchers which outlines how to make a claim.
Thanks, I actually did not think calling my travel insurance (always think of it that it covers mainly medical stuff). I will do that on Monday. Yes they gave us a leaflet, but just wondering if they are going to try to wiggle out of it (the last thing they told us on Sunday night is that they could not get a slot for taking off, not sure if this means in the air space, because this was flying from Southend airport, there were no other flight taking off so I can see it being an issue of waiting for other flights.
Thank you
There have been a lot of French air traffic controller strikes recently, that result in difficulty getting a slot through French airspace, as you would be doing when flying to Barcelona.
Just put in the compensation claim to EasyJet, I’ve never had any problems as long as you give them the flight no. and times etc. They usually process the claims quite quickly (allow 3 weeks). The good thing is, if they refuse your claim you can automatically appeal to the UK Civil Aviation Authority straight away
I claimed from EasyJet using their Online claims form, you can claim for both passengers on one form
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Jun
Toptrumpet1 h, 5 m ago

Just put in the compensation claim to EasyJet, I’ve never had any problems …Just put in the compensation claim to EasyJet, I’ve never had any problems as long as you give them the flight no. and times etc. They usually process the claims quite quickly (allow 3 weeks). The good thing is, if they refuse your claim you can automatically appeal to the UK Civil Aviation Authority straight away

Thanks, done the compensation claim to Easyjet now, waiting to call my travel insurance on Monday as the claim dept is closed. Hopefully it will go through ok. Felt sorry for a family that was supposed to fly out on Friday, got cancelled, went to Gatwick on Saturday got cancelled, came back to Southend on Sunday and got got cancelled 3 times on the row. There was a bit of shouting at the airport and I first thought well the staff on the ground can't do much about it, but with insight i think i would have been pretty ****** off if my flight had been cancelled 3 times in the row (and from 2 different airports too). We saw them last night on our flight, so i gathered that their 7 days break became a 4 days break
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 9th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions