Easyjet Refund

Posted 22nd Mar
We have flights booked with Easyjet to Portugal next week. We've had an email saying we can change the dates for free. We'd really like a refund. Does anyone have experience of getting a refund? Does it automatically happen if a flight is cancelled. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Tried to get a refund for our easyJet flights which hadn’t yet been cancelled and basically they said you’d only be refunded the tax you paid on them (we hadn’t paid any tax on ours - not sure why but it was in the payment breakdown they sent us).

Anyway, the flight itself was cancelled later that day; we received an email and on that was an option to apply for a free refund.

I would wait if I were you, it may be cancelled!
Edited by: "rm7" 22nd Mar
rm722/03/2020 09:40

Tried to get a refund for our easyJet flights which hadn’t yet been c …Tried to get a refund for our easyJet flights which hadn’t yet been cancelled and basically they said you’d only be refunded the tax you paid on them (we hadn’t paid any tax on ours - not sure why but it was in the payment breakdown they sent us).Anyway, the flight itself was cancelled later that day; we received an email and on that was an option to apply for a free refund.I would wait if I were you, it may be cancelled!

That's great info. Thank you.
EasyJet standard refund policies continue to apply if your flight is operating as normal.

If your flight is cancelled you can get a full refund (without charges) via the “Manage My Booking” section on their website. It’s an easy process only taking a minute or two.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 22nd Mar
I'm in a similar situation with KLM. I've been given the option to claim a voucher for the cost of my flights that will be valid for a period of one year from the date of issue but I've got no idea what the situation would be like in say the autumn regarding travel advice then. Personally I'm really hoping that KLM end up cancelling my flight and giving me a refund so I'm just sitting tight and waiting for now.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 22nd Mar
Some airlines are giving a refund, many are giving vouchers. Unfortunately, EC261 has been ruled not applicable so you will have to wait for the airline to offer a refund.
BugetAir is giving us a refund after apply cancellation fee which I'm happy with.
Ebookers are now issuing all non refundable hotel bookings for free without fees.

Only other loss for our Easter getaway is the visa.
Not bad.
Our flight has been cancelled but no apparent way to get a refund!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants