Easyjet refunds

Posted 7th Apr
Hi have had an email from easyJet stating my flight is now cancelled they have given me two options one is a voucher for another flight which is no good to me the second is a refund but to get that you need to ring a number they have given and guess what it just rings and rings.Anybody had a result by ringing them
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I would be cautious of what phone number I rang and the cost involved, just incase it was not easyJet. But if genuine I imagine loads of people are ringing it and having limited staff to man the lines
deleted1793489
+1 for finding the official number. First I've heard of an airline being forthcoming with a cash refund...they seem to forget the law.
Called them last week to get my refund done. Gave up on the UK number and called the German number at the end and got through.
Edited by: "Buckyball" 7th Apr
deleted1793489
We were an hour through opodo and it also stopped playing hold music for 15 minutes
Buckyball07/04/2020 18:28

Called them last week to get my refund done. Gave up on the UK number and …Called them last week to get my refund done. Gave up on the UK number and called the German number at the end and got through.

Would you be willing to share the number please?
Hey, I got through after 3 hours ringing 0161 774 9879‬, good luck lol
As far as I’m aware there is a third option of a refund, but it is somewhat buried. I claimed a refund a few weeks ago and still waiting for it to go back on my credit card.
This is part of a ‘what’s happening at EasyJet’ email I got on 3rd April from the CEO

If your flight is cancelled as a result of this, I am sorry. Our customer service team will be in touch to let you know how to switch to a new flight, get a voucher or be reimbursed. We are currently dealing with an unprecedented number of calls and are working hard to try and process these as quickly as we can - however, with a number of our service centres directly affected by government restrictions, it may take longer than usual and so we thank you for your patience.

From what I remember you have to go through to manage my bookings for the options. No need to call them, just log in and search for the ‘I would like a refund’ option.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 7th Apr
Toptrumpet07/04/2020 18:45

As far as I’m aware there is a third option of a refund, but it is s …As far as I’m aware there is a third option of a refund, but it is somewhat buried. I claimed a refund a few weeks ago and still waiting for it to go back on my credit card.This is part of a ‘what’s happening at EasyJet’ email I got on 3rd April from the CEOIf your flight is cancelled as a result of this, I am sorry. Our customer service team will be in touch to let you know how to switch to a new flight, get a voucher or be reimbursed. We are currently dealing with an unprecedented number of calls and are working hard to try and process these as quickly as we can - however, with a number of our service centres directly affected by government restrictions, it may take longer than usual and so we thank you for your patience.From what I remember you have to go through to manage my bookings for the options. No need to call them, just log in and search for the ‘I would like a refund’ option.

You click on that it now comes back with information to ring a number
rwf382007/04/2020 20:31

You click on that it now comes back with information to ring a number

I’ve no idea when your flight was meant to be. Perhaps you’re trying too soon, for me the website changed and allowed the third ‘I’d like a refund‘ option within the last 48 hours before my booked flight date. Maybe wait until then if you can’t get through by phone.
I booked via a tour operator, go to gate.
Where do I stand?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions