Expired

Easyjet seat allocation

Found 22nd Mar 2014
does anyone working for easyjet know how they allocate seats? I booked a holiday last Oct (for this summer) and the next day my mum booked the same one. I'm wondering what the likelihood is of us sitting next to each other or at least near, its probable that there were no seats bought between me booking and her booking.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
18 Comments
Original Poster
for some reason my description above has been erased? anyway does anyone know how easyjet allocate their seats? last Oct I booked a holiday and the next day my mum booked. wondering what the likelihood is of us sitting close.
I'm sure it will be fine and she will be at the front of the plane and you can be at the back in peace. I always hate when people book up for something similar to me.. If you are really concerned I would go to saynoto0870 and get a number for easyJet and give them a call. I imagine if you pay for allocated seats you can sit where u want.
it is not done on time of booking it will be done either by who has paid (you can choose a specific seat for a fee) or dodone on the day at check in... majority of easyjet passengers will check in online so leaving it to the day does run a risk of bring opposite ends of plane.

If it's a bother being separated I would just go online at same time and select and pay for seats together. In "manage my booking".
Apologies for awful spelling above!
Original Poster
looks like the description reappeared! actually im hoping we are close so she can help with the kids! I mistakenly thought ej were like ryanair and u could sit where u liked, but I've just checked and their seats are allocated
both of you should just go online and pay for allocated seats. Its only £3ish
AL1S0N

looks like the description reappeared! actually im hoping we are close so … looks like the description reappeared! actually im hoping we are close so she can help with the kids! I mistakenly thought ej were like ryanair and u could sit where u liked, but I've just checked and their seats are allocated

Ryanair seats are now allocated as well.
Usually, and I say this from experience in a previous airline, they first of all block seats for Special Needs pax, these may or may not be in the allocated Special rows which each aircraft type has.
Then they block Row 1 for anyone special.
Then they will allocate the pre-booked and paid for seating, which may include row 1 and the exit rows.
Then as people check in, the seats are allocated from the rear of the aeroplane to the front. Now, with Easy, it is cheap and easy to pre book seats so often Window and Aisle seats are gone ages ago, so it is possible that the only seats available for people checking in without pre booking are Centre Seats, hence you get the problem of 2 people sitting at opposite ends of the plane! In Centre Seats!
In fact, there are cheeky folk who will prebook a window and an aisle in the hope of getting a whole row to themselves, then when the centre seat is taken, they will kindly offer to swop with you, so they can sit together!
Anyway, the long and the short is pay the 3 quid, choose your seats and have a happy flight.
Last year easyjet was just like a bus, just get on and sit where you want, but it may have changed, as someone said in this thread, just pay for seat allocation, or check in together and they should put you close then.
Original Poster
we will check in together in the hope they will seat us close. what would they do tho if there was only single seats dotted about and I have 2 young kids? surely we need to sit together!
priority goes to those that pay for seating (reserved)1st, then those with kids or disability's go on 1st, then its a free for all tho tbh you get about 10seconds before the stampede from ignorant people,were going away in the next 2 weeks and weeve paid an extra £30 quid to reserve our seats even tho we shouldnt have to traveling with 3 children youngest only 2 as we should be able to board before others but past expieriences have put us off.
Did you not pay the extra three quid to pre book your seats?
Nk74

Did you not pay the extra three quid to pre book your seats?

yeah i did worth it for piece of mind of not being seperated.
Original Poster
not yet but I think we still can. 6 of us travelling x £3 each way = £36. so when you do this do you actually get to pick your seat (to ensure were together) or does it just mean we have priority boarding (which we'd have anyway being a family with infants) this is where the confusion is as I'm led to believe ej allocate everyone's seat now(?)
you now pay the extra and pick your seats before you go to the airport. If you checkin with no pre booked seats and all that is left are individual single seats, that is what you will get, even if you are travelling with children. If you kick up a fuss because you are with kids, they will ust say that you can sort it out on the plane, ie asking people to move. Not worth the aggro. This is not new, you run the risk of being seated separately with all airlines that allocate seat numbers, I once flew Miami to LA with my 7 and 9 year old seated together and my wife and I in single seats because the only other option was not to fly! Infants on laps are obviously different case as they don't get a seat anyway. The only exception to this is on Charter Flights where sometimes seat plans are generated before checkin. The cattle run for seats and priority boarding with Easy have been discontinued, thankfully.
Original Poster
thanks for clearing that up I shall def pre book seats. now my next question, since it's 2 separate bookings will I be able to sit all 6 of us together?
2 separate booking references, so do 1 after the other noting down which seats are free adjacent to the ones that you have booked on the first go.
Original Poster
thanks for all your help!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants