Eating out Orlando

Posted 21st Feb
Considering going for a family holiday to Orlando and never been before. What sort of price are we looking at to eat out in evenings? Hoping to keep price down. Anyone got any advice on decent reasonable places to eat? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I've seen a video with the same title. Not sure it's appropriate for HUKD though..
16 Comments
All I can advise is that when I went there, all the food SUCKED.
chimp14uk21/02/2020 09:47

Yep great most helpful thanks
Where are you staying? If at a Disney hotel, they'll be announcing they're free dining plan on April 21st. Different tiers to it, depending on where you stay, but it's worth a look.

We are heading out there in July, can't wait. Staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for 10 days then moving to a cheaper universal hotel for another 11, but booked a slightly more expensive universal hotel for one night so we can get unlimited fast passes for 2 days - also worth looking at, saving us a load of cash and a load of time.
I've seen a video with the same title. Not sure it's appropriate for HUKD though..
chimp14uk21/02/2020 09:47

Yes, I had a very similar thing in Amsterdam!!!
If you can get a place with it's own kitchen or kitchenette then, that's the best way to keep prices down.

If not, one of the cheapest places you can eat is Cici's Pizza, it's a buffet restaurant and costs around $6 per adult and $2 for soft drinks (cheaper for kids 10 & under). It's not great pizza but it's not bad, it's good for a budget place (check the review on Google Maps though as some stores are better than others).

If you like Tex Mex food, Tijuana Flats is great and they often have promotions like 2 Tacos, Chips and Drink for $6. There's one near Sand Lake, one in Hunters Creek and one at Millenia.

Chili's isn't too bad for price either, they have a 3 for $10 menu which is a non-alcoholic drink, appetiser and entree from a small menu. Again though, some locations suck, some are good check recent reviews.

It depends a lot on where you're staying though as there's some smaller restaurants that are real good but as they're not chains you might not be near it.

Sandwich shops are good too like Firehouse Subs and the stuff from Wawa (convenience store) is good (it's a great place to get your Coffee, giant soft drinks etc from).
miikeyblue21/02/2020 10:01

Where are you staying? If at a Disney hotel, they'll be announcing they're …Where are you staying? If at a Disney hotel, they'll be announcing they're free dining plan on April 21st. Different tiers to it, depending on where you stay, but it's worth a look.We are heading out there in July, can't wait. Staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for 10 days then moving to a cheaper universal hotel for another 11, but booked a slightly more expensive universal hotel for one night so we can get unlimited fast passes for 2 days - also worth looking at, saving us a load of cash and a load of time.

I haven’t booked anywhere yet. Unsure whether to go room only and eat out, as seen a good deal at Universals endless summer resorts but that has no cooking facilities. Or whether to go self catering apartment with oven etc, as in Wyndham resorts at Lake Buena Vista. Depends on how expensive it is to eat out. Thanks for your help I’ll look out for the Disney ones.
Eating does depend on where you are staying.. I drive has lots of options. You are better setting a budget per day and then working off that.

We go to Walmart stock up on juice and nibbles even if staying in a hotel...

If you under spend one day just roll the money over and vicevesa..

We found a great bar that done Asian food and a share platter of meats was $18 dollars and then we got sides..

End of day Orlando has hundreds of places for any budget you can be choosing as you like..

Can give recommendations if you like..
Orlando is great. Food isn’t that expensive if you don’t mind eating junk food for your stay. Cici’s pizza all you can eat is very cheap. Denny’s and Appleby’s are reasonably priced. Enjoy your stay , prebook the Disney rides if your ticket comes with fast pass
who's Orlando?

One of the best ways to save money is not to eat out.
Visit a supermarket and buy food there. Especially if you have facilities at your hotel/motel.

Just a loaf of bread, meats and jams etc and you've got your supper and breakfast sorted.
(Try out Tuna fish and Strawberry jam sandwiches, they're great. No joking).

Another great way to save money... stay at home
Inside the theme parks you can pay $12-15 for a burger and fries (about £10-12) at a fast food counter plus another $4 for a soda.

Elsewhere if you go for reliable chains there are some cheap prices, Outback, Applebees (similar to Harvester in UK) and similar you can often get a meal for $10-20 and that is waited service.
Don't forget at waited service places to add 15-20% tip though.
I’d suggest Ponderosa or Denny’s which are both buffet style. Usually they have coupon books near the door that give discounts for lots of restaurants.
We went last June, and it depends what sort of food you are after. There are plenty of fast food places! 5 of us (two adults with appetites, and 3 kids!) could eat for around $30
There are lots of nicer places to eat on I-Drive too, but varying prices!
We hit the Golden Corall a few times, All you can eat buffet food (but surprisingly tasty!) for approx $10 dollars a head, the kids loved it because they could have everything. The waffle houses are fun for breakfast and Logan Steakhouse for a massive Steak.
It’s worth bearing in mind that most of the soft drinks you ordered offer refills in the same price.
Walmart is an experience!!! We happened to call in at 11.30 one night and it was rammed!!! Great for getting nibbles and is very cheap!! xoxo
Anything green and healthy costs the earth over there
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants