Ebay £1 fees promotion

Posted 19th Feb
Hi,

I had two products for sale on ebay.
Both got sold when £1 promotion was live. I contacted the buyer with some questions and he hasnt replied yet so I feel its a scam buyer.
If I relist the item, will I still be eligible for £1 promotional fees or I will be charged normal fees?.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
You’ll be charged normal bud. Wait till the weekend. eBay will refund you the £1 charge.
Never had a seller ask me questions when I've bought anything, out of interest, what sort of questions?
Have you received payment or not?

If you relist you will be charged normal fees.

What do you want to know from a buyer?
You’ll only get your fees back. If you relist outside the £1 promo period you’ll be charged normal fees.

Annoying I know, but there seems to be a £1 FVF promo every weekend now.

Also what’s more annoying is once you open a claim for the reimbursement of the fee, you can’t leave negative feedback. eBay just mark the buyers account with a non-payment flag.
Rune_2H19/02/2020 23:46

Comment deleted

Oh, not heard of that practice before. In all honesty, if I received such messages after I've bought something on e-bay, I would assume scam seller.
If it works for you though...
Pandamansays19/02/2020 23:25

Never had a seller ask me questions when I've bought anything, out of …Never had a seller ask me questions when I've bought anything, out of interest, what sort of questions?

Delivery address....and the buyer paid twice for the postage when I can post the item in the same box as it will save the postage cost for the buyer.
Rune_2H19/02/2020 23:46

Comment deleted

Exactly, the seller paid twice for postage and I can save his money by posting the item in the same box. He also needs to confirm the delivery address.
Its possible he may just be scammer who will just say product not as advertised or some random reason to ask for refund (only speculating for now). Hence want to be sure.
Edited by: "ab713" 20th Feb
Willy_Wonka19/02/2020 23:30

Have you received payment or not?If you relist you will be charged normal …Have you received payment or not?If you relist you will be charged normal fees. What do you want to know from a buyer?

Yes payment received. Delivery address and he paid twice for the postage.
vipergfx20/02/2020 00:11

You’ll only get your fees back. If you relist outside the £1 promo period y …You’ll only get your fees back. If you relist outside the £1 promo period you’ll be charged normal fees.Annoying I know, but there seems to be a £1 FVF promo every weekend now.Also what’s more annoying is once you open a claim for the reimbursement of the fee, you can’t leave negative feedback. eBay just mark the buyers account with a non-payment flag.

That's a crap policy. Anyone can buy a product and then cancel it...I will have to then wait for £1 promotion to sell it again.....
If you have recieved the funds in your account you can just cancel and refund buyer. Once you refund you won’t get charged the £1 selling fee.(it will be deducted from your invoice). If you relist then you will be charged normal fees as the offer is now expired.
But there is an offer max £1 selling fees between 23rd-24th feb soo activate offer.
recently had £1 offer and listed my asus rt68u, one time waster continue bidding and win. then later ask me to cancel as he was bidding wrong item. lost my £1 offer and no response from second chance buyer either.
crazydealhunter20/02/2020 08:59

recently had £1 offer and listed my asus rt68u, one time waster continue …recently had £1 offer and listed my asus rt68u, one time waster continue bidding and win. then later ask me to cancel as he was bidding wrong item. lost my £1 offer and no response from second chance buyer either.

Likewise, same happened to me.
Merry00020/02/2020 03:36

If you have recieved the funds in your account you can just cancel and …If you have recieved the funds in your account you can just cancel and refund buyer. Once you refund you won’t get charged the £1 selling fee.(it will be deducted from your invoice). If you relist then you will be charged normal fees as the offer is now expired. But there is an offer max £1 selling fees between 23rd-24th feb soo activate offer.

Thanks for the headsup. I hope I can activate on 23rd Feb.
You get it all the time. I had somebody do best offer 3 times, then I accept. Then he says, does it comes with the box and cable even though you clearly list it as unit only.
Knowing the incoming hassle from people like this I said just say if you don't want it. He says its not a problem, but then decides a week later he doesn't want it as the price has dropped.
As a seller, you cannot do anything at all about buyers like this. And with "best offer" you cannot force payment. Ebay should only make the best offer as a sold item once the seller makes payment (like in the standard listing).

Thankfully, the £1 listings are now so common that it isn't a big deal so always wait for the next one.
so item sold, payment received.
just post it?
don't see a problem.
ab71320/02/2020 09:15

Thanks for the headsup. I hope I can activate on 23rd Feb.

Just checked and there’s an offer stating tomorrow 21st until 24th. You can activate it now.

hotukdeals.com/dea…128
Merry00020/02/2020 15:20

Just checked and there’s an offer stating tomorrow 21st until 24th. You c …Just checked and there’s an offer stating tomorrow 21st until 24th. You can activate it now.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-ebay-max-selling-fvf-fees-up-to-100-listings-21st-feb-24th-feb-3409128

Thank you. Done.
No but there's supposed to be another of these offers this weekend
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants