EBay £1 FVF

Posted 18th Apr
Is it just me or has there not been one of these offers for a while?

I feel like up to a month or so ago I was getting them weekly/every other week and now nothing.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Number 71
Please no..
Me every time somebody asks this same question about £1 FVF during Lockdown....

Edited by: "Haircut_100" 18th Apr
22 Comments
Please no..
Ebay been told not to encourage unnecessary journeys and use of postal system for people selling their tat. Wouldn't expect an offer before June.
MrKrabs18/04/2020 11:38

Ebay been told not to encourage unnecessary journeys and use of postal …Ebay been told not to encourage unnecessary journeys and use of postal system for people selling their tat. Wouldn't expect an offer before June.

That makes sense

Strange they're offering frequent discount codes though which kinda encourages purchases through their site though
theexile2k318/04/2020 11:40

That makes senseStrange they're offering frequent discount codes though …That makes senseStrange they're offering frequent discount codes though which kinda encourages purchases through their site though

They're for companies though, the £1 offer is only for private individuals
Number 71
Hurrah!
Me every time somebody asks this same question about £1 FVF during Lockdown....

Edited by: "Haircut_100" 18th Apr
Keep em coming
Haircut_10018/04/2020 12:14

Me every time somebody asks this same question about £1 FVF during …Me every time somebody asks this same question about £1 FVF during Lockdown....[Image]

40452906.jpg
Me everytime I see someone go out of there way to put there negative/sarcastic comment in when someone is asking a question

Simple things as they say
Edited by: "theexile2k3" 18th Apr
theexile2k318/04/2020 12:19

[Image] Me everytime I see someone go out of there way to put there …[Image] Me everytime I see someone go out of there way to put there negative/sarcastic comment in when someone is asking a questionSimple things as they say

Seriously though, can you not think of something that might have happened in the past month that has completely changed things?
Haircut_10018/04/2020 12:24

Seriously though, can you not think of something that might have happened …Seriously though, can you not think of something that might have happened in the past month that has completely changed things?

Get off your high horse. I'm entitled to ask a question?

Common sense would dictate, if Ebay were that concerned about not encouraging people to leave their houses ie to post things that are sold then they would restrict selling on there full stop. This hasn't happened has it so my question was valid.

I couldn't care less of your ivory tower point of view or how many times you've gone out of your way to post snarky comments. I don't live on this application and it isn't Google. If I have a question then I will ask it
Edited by: "theexile2k3" 18th Apr
Supply and demand. There is less demand now, so eBay have no FVF offers.
zworld18/04/2020 12:42

Thank you. Simple straight forward answer
theexile2k318/04/2020 12:50

Thank you. Simple straight forward answer

Think of it from a business point of view :
If eBay has a FVF sale, more people will sell ( More £££'s for eBay ) but at the moment, people are not going out and most post offices are closed. So, people are less likely to sell. People are less likely to buy from private sellers as God knows if the seller is infected.
So, why would eBay give discounts when they can't make money.
Edited by: "zworld" 18th Apr
zworld18/04/2020 12:56

Think of it from a business point of view :If eBay has a FVF sale, more …Think of it from a business point of view :If eBay has a FVF sale, more people will sell ( More £££'s for eBay ) but at the moment, people are not going out and most post offices are closed. So, people are less likely to sell. People are less likely to buy from private sellers as God knows if the seller is infected. So, why would eBay give discounts when they can't make money.

to protect people, simple as that.
Shame when we have to pay so much to list, eBay are just making the £££s here not ya
zworld18/04/2020 17:49

[Image]

funny but it's true, 1FVF was always aimed for individuals not for businesses.
business based on ebay are working as usual.
as long as lockdown is lasting and vast majority of RM branches remain closed, we won't see 1FVF anytime soon.

for the same reason they are cutting short all the listings with artificially inflated prices for masks and essentials.
I've tried to purchase 3M masks from two nonrelated individuals, both listings were removed from ebay almost immeditaly.
Why would they cut cow's udder if the cow is producing a pure gold not just milk.
at least it’s been a couple of days since the last, this time, it’s usually 2 a day
zworld18/04/2020 12:42

Not sure that is the reason. Surely if there was less demand they would have an offer to encourage supply?
IT.Troll19/04/2020 16:37

Not sure that is the reason. Surely if there was less demand they would …Not sure that is the reason. Surely if there was less demand they would have an offer to encourage supply?

That's not how eBay works. They are not making less money due to low sales being made. Why would they offer disocunts to reduce their revenue further?
Edited by: "zworld" 19th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions