eBay £1 selling fees

Posted 15th Apr
I just wondered if anyone had heard when ebay might next do a £1 selling fee weekend? They seem to have been all the time recently but now I want one after a clear out there doesn't seem to be sign of one!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to be seen encouraging sales which result in unnecessary trips outside and unnecessary mail being circulated for the time being.
Edited by: "RYANdeals" 15th Apr
15 Comments
There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to be seen encouraging sales which result in unnecessary trips outside and unnecessary mail being circulated for the time being.
We skipped yesterday. Tried to ask but the mods deleted my post
RYANdeals15/04/2020 15:26

There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to …There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to be seen encouraging sales which result in unnecessary trips outside and unnecessary mail being circulated for the time being.

^^^^^ This!
I'm up next tomorrow
Is this a question that needs asking daily? Check your account every friday morning, it will either be there or not.

There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to …There's a certain pandemic going on just now so eBay likely do not want to be seen encouraging sales which result in unnecessary trips outside and unnecessary mail being circulated for the time being.

If that was the case they would be pausing the sale of all nonessential items. It is a fact that Ebay & Amazon are doing very well out of this.
I think we are all aware of the pandemic. That doesn't mean that people don't need to think about keeping afloat financially.
Willy_Wonka15/04/2020 15:53

If that was the case they would be pausing the sale of all nonessential …If that was the case they would be pausing the sale of all nonessential items. It is a fact that Ebay & Amazon are doing very well out of this.

There's a difference between stopping sales of non-essential items and incentivising people to sell non-essential items.

Alot of people say this and I see it the opposite way around.

I think ebay know full well people will be buying a lot more online so why offer the sellers a cheaper way to sell. If they don’t do offers, people will still list and buyers will still buy and eBay gets the full price fees as opposed to the discounted rate.

Ebay aren’t ethical enough to be concerned about a few extra parcels per postie when they could be making more money.
RYANdeals15/04/2020 16:16

There's a difference between stopping sales of non-essential items and …There's a difference between stopping sales of non-essential items and incentivising people to sell non-essential items.

I know. They make a lot of money from companies selling non-essential goods but only £1 when an individual does so.

It is hypocritical whichever way you look at it. Not forgetting the tax status either. Ebay is having a laugh.
ArcadeAssassin15/04/2020 16:17

Alot of people say this and I see it the opposite way around. I think ebay …Alot of people say this and I see it the opposite way around. I think ebay know full well people will be buying a lot more online so why offer the sellers a cheaper way to sell. If they don’t do offers, people will still list and buyers will still buy and eBay gets the full price fees as opposed to the discounted rate. Ebay aren’t ethical enough to be concerned about a few extra parcels per postie when they could be making more money.

Precisely. It is the opposite of what Ryan is declaring.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 15th Apr
ArcadeAssassin15/04/2020 16:17

Alot of people say this and I see it the opposite way around. I think ebay …Alot of people say this and I see it the opposite way around. I think ebay know full well people will be buying a lot more online so why offer the sellers a cheaper way to sell. If they don’t do offers, people will still list and buyers will still buy and eBay gets the full price fees as opposed to the discounted rate. Ebay aren’t ethical enough to be concerned about a few extra parcels per postie when they could be making more money.

Perhaps true. Either way, Ebay have no obligation to ever offer £1 FVF so if people removed the expectation for it, they would not be so disappointed.
Sick of eBay NOT doing £1 fees
Waiting to sell some stuff and anyway people are all out and about

I understand there’s high demand with Royal Mail but I’m sure they can advise us to use MyHermes and UPS or click and collect etc
Misslovely15/04/2020 18:36

Sick of eBay NOT doing £1 fees Waiting to sell some stuff and anyway …Sick of eBay NOT doing £1 fees Waiting to sell some stuff and anyway people are all out and about I understand there’s high demand with Royal Mail but I’m sure they can advise us to use MyHermes and UPS or click and collect etc

You are sick of ebay not doing offers from their standard prices? Oh dear. On a personal note why do you feel you are deserved offers outside of their terms & conditions?
Willy_Wonka15/04/2020 18:52

You are sick of ebay not doing offers from their standard prices? Oh dear. …You are sick of ebay not doing offers from their standard prices? Oh dear. On a personal note why do you feel you are deserved offers outside of their terms & conditions?

Eh? I mean they haven’t done the £1 ebay listing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions