Groups

ebay 10x nectar - can anyone understand this banner?

s17.postimg.org/blg…jpg

I log in to ebay and see the above banner.

"Thanks! Your offer was activated.
    Collect 10X from 12pm on 07 Jul until 12pm on 08 Jul
    Offer Valid: 7 Jul 2017, 03:00 PM BST - 8 Jul 2017, 03:00 PM BST".

So is it 12 noon, 3pm, or 3am? because 03:00 is am, regardless of putting a PM after it. If it means 3pm then it should simply state 15:00hrs.
    But why does it say 12pm on one line then directly contradict itself with 3pm on the next line?

Either I am missing something blatant, or ebay have a screw loose.

7 Comments

Looks like you accrue 10x nectar points between those two times

kester76

Looks like you accrue 10x nectar points between those two times

But there aren't two times, there are potentially 6.

Posted 9hrs ago on Nectar's Twitter:

Who wants 10 X points at eBay? For 24 hours only, watch out for it going live tomorrow at 12pm

Awkwardly written but I'd read that as 3PM on the 7th to 3PM on the 8th.
    The other times are for a zone somewhat West of the UK

windym

But there aren't two times, there are potentially 6.

Offer is valid between 7th Jul 2017 3pm BST to 8 Jul 2017 3pm BST. Someone just made a mistake but the offer valid is the main bit. Just use the offer between 3pm and 12pm and you should be fine if you're worried.

parsimony

Awkwardly written but I'd read that as 3PM on the 7th to 3PM on the … Awkwardly written but I'd read that as 3PM on the 7th to 3PM on the 8th.The other times are for a zone somewhat West of the UK

Which time zones are those? The only time zones in that are quoted as BST. In case you didn't realise, that is the UK.

Original Poster

windym

Which time zones are those? The only time zones in that are quoted as … Which time zones are those? The only time zones in that are quoted as BST. In case you didn't realise, that is the UK.

BST (british summer time) is in fact GMT (greenwich mean time) + 1 hour.
    This is like the sodding crystal maze!

"You've got 30 seconds in the nectar dome. When you hear my first whistle you can begin to collect nectar points. When you hear my 2nd whistle you must stop. For every clubcard point you collect, we'll deduct one nectar point. To win you must collect a total of 100 nectar points.

WILL YOU START THE FANS PLEEAAASSE!"

http://cdn.pinknews.co.uk/images/2016/03/2015CrystalMaze_Press_280415.article_x4.jpg

Edited by: "FamGuy" 7th Jul
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions