eBay 20% code, seller refunded

Found 29th Dec 2017
Hi, earlier today I made use of the 20% eBay code, item was £43 pounds and with code came to £35, a few hours later seller has refunded me saying item is out of stock, obviously I was only refunded the £35 I made, I could have picked another seller for roughly same money but without code so now costing me full price. Is that my chance of a discount now gone?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted800342
Yes
14 Comments
deleted800342
Yes
I think they did this on purpose because maybe the seller would have received less money...

EBay is so unfair for sellers they really take 10 percent of the sale price. Even if you include the postage cost in the cost of items...then PayPal takes their cut.

Time people found an alternative and made it easier to sort problems out.
Contact Ebay via live chat and they may assist you. From personal experience they will add you to a list and email you a new 20% off voucher in about 2 months.
Benjamin3uk6 h, 15 m ago

I think they did this on purpose because maybe the seller would have …I think they did this on purpose because maybe the seller would have received less money...EBay is so unfair for sellers they really take 10 percent of the sale price. Even if you include the postage cost in the cost of items...then PayPal takes their cut.Time people found an alternative and made it easier to sort problems out.

Don’t think it worked like this. The item I bought with 20% off came with an emailed invoice showing the seller had received the full amount. They can’t force a seller to suddenly accept less than their buyitnow price.

Plus eBay isn’t so bad for sellers if you list when they do their £1 max final fee offers - up to 100 items usually. This is when I sell all my high value items.
raise it to ebay - they may well give you a voucher for the difference (20%) to use for a alternate purchase - their customer service isn't bad at all mate
Benjamin3uk6 h, 26 m ago

I think they did this on purpose because maybe the seller would have …I think they did this on purpose because maybe the seller would have received less money...EBay is so unfair for sellers they really take 10 percent of the sale price. Even if you include the postage cost in the cost of items...then PayPal takes their cut.Time people found an alternative and made it easier to sort problems out.

People have found plenty of alternatives for local selling, or selling to niche groups (eg AG Forums). EBay offers access to hundreds of thousands of buyers, and charge less than your local auction house. If you don't want to use it, don't - there are alternatives, but none that offer what EBay offer.
eayragt1 m ago

People have found plenty of alternatives for local selling, or selling to …People have found plenty of alternatives for local selling, or selling to niche groups (eg AG Forums). EBay offers access to hundreds of thousands of buyers, and charge less than your local auction house. If you don't want to use it, don't - there are alternatives, but none that offer what EBay offer.

Lol
eayragt1 h, 59 m ago

People have found plenty of alternatives for local selling, or selling to …People have found plenty of alternatives for local selling, or selling to niche groups (eg AG Forums). EBay offers access to hundreds of thousands of buyers, and charge less than your local auction house. If you don't want to use it, don't - there are alternatives, but none that offer what EBay offer.

Well said. The exposure eBay gives sellers is unparalleled by other platforms.
Ebay must be more competitive & fairer to Sellers, both private & ebay shop sellers. As previous member has stated they take 10% cut of the final value fee plus a cut on the non profit fee to post / ship an item, there's so much more they can do but everything is at a snails pace & this opens up new markets & ebay suffers ultimately both for sellers & buyers. They have moved forward in relation to their feedback process but so much further needs to be done to protect sellers from abusive Buyers who buy 99p items & sabotage a sellers credibility for no reason at all!
seanyboy00726 m ago

Ebay must be more competitive & fairer to Sellers, both private & ebay …Ebay must be more competitive & fairer to Sellers, both private & ebay shop sellers. As previous member has stated they take 10% cut of the final value fee plus a cut on the non profit fee to post / ship an item, there's so much more they can do but everything is at a snails pace & this opens up new markets & ebay suffers ultimately both for sellers & buyers. They have moved forward in relation to their feedback process but so much further needs to be done to protect sellers from abusive Buyers who buy 99p items & sabotage a sellers credibility for no reason at all!

But then the 20% discount does that affect seller? Since they are not the one making up the discount. I am slightly worried as my item has not been dispatched yet. But there is a lot of order for Nintendo switch as well I suppose
Dronelover8 h, 42 m ago

But then the 20% discount does that affect seller? Since they are not the …But then the 20% discount does that affect seller? Since they are not the one making up the discount. I am slightly worried as my item has not been dispatched yet. But there is a lot of order for Nintendo switch as well I suppose

Seller is unaffected by the discount
seanyboy00718 h, 8 m ago

Ebay must be more competitive & fairer to Sellers, both private & ebay …Ebay must be more competitive & fairer to Sellers, both private & ebay shop sellers. As previous member has stated they take 10% cut of the final value fee plus a cut on the non profit fee to post / ship an item, there's so much more they can do but everything is at a snails pace & this opens up new markets & ebay suffers ultimately both for sellers & buyers. They have moved forward in relation to their feedback process but so much further needs to be done to protect sellers from abusive Buyers who buy 99p items & sabotage a sellers credibility for no reason at all!

Exactly right..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants