Ebay

Posted 9th Dec 2019
Recently sold an item on eBay and the buyer did not pay ebay have refunded me the listing fee fine and have told me that they have added an unpaid item listing against the buyers account fine but what I find annoying is the fact that the buyer keeps his 100% feed back score even when it’s not is there anyway you can leave negative feedback
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Unfortunately you can’t leave buyers negative feedback. Sellers usually get messed around on eBay unfortunately.
I leave a positive but put something like *** AVOID! Non payer - cancel bids ***
chocci09/12/2019 09:15

I leave a positive but put something like *** AVOID! Non payer - cancel …I leave a positive but put something like *** AVOID! Non payer - cancel bids ***

39300367-B4f8l.jpg

For some reason ebay does not even give me that choice
If you go to the buyers feedback page, scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see 'What would you like to do next' with a list of clickable links, one being 'Leave feedback' I had to go through this route as a buyer one time, I assume it would be the same for a seller.39300384-WPXV0.jpg
The unpaid item strike is the equivilant for buyers of leaving negative feedback.

I have my settings to block bidders who had two non-payment strikes in sixth months and I make sure I always go through the unpaid items process so buyers get that strike on their record.

If they have been marked as a non-payer then nothing more to do, just relist the item and move on.
I'm getting so fedup of feebay now....the last 8 items i have purchased and 2 that i have sold they have left me no feedback whatsoever. There's no way to force them to either!
chocci09/12/2019 09:15

I leave a positive but put something like *** AVOID! Non payer - cancel …I leave a positive but put something like *** AVOID! Non payer - cancel bids ***

The majority of sellers don't check buyers feedback so this is pointless. Doing The unpaid item process and then as a seller having your block preferences set correctly is far more important.
jon81uk09/12/2019 09:38

The majority of sellers don't check buyers feedback so this is pointless. …The majority of sellers don't check buyers feedback so this is pointless. Doing The unpaid item process and then as a seller having your block preferences set correctly is far more important.

I certainly do for high value auctions
jon81uk09/12/2019 09:38

The majority of sellers don't check buyers feedback so this is pointless. …The majority of sellers don't check buyers feedback so this is pointless. Doing The unpaid item process and then as a seller having your block preferences set correctly is far more important.

chocci09/12/2019 09:39

Me too, and I would be prepared to cancel an auction and accept an ebay strike to avoid selling to a dodgy buyer.
spoo09/12/2019 09:46

Me too, and I would be prepared to cancel an auction and accept an ebay …Me too, and I would be prepared to cancel an auction and accept an ebay strike to avoid selling to a dodgy buyer.

Yep I always do it on items I list as “buy it now” as well. I make sure I put a higher price (that would normally not sell) and open the option for offers, this means I can look at a buyers feedback before choosing to sell to them
cwj382009/12/2019 09:17

[Image] For some reason ebay does not even give me that choice

You have to mark as paid or cancel order before the leave feedback option appears.
chocci09/12/2019 09:39

spoo09/12/2019 09:46

Me too, and I would be prepared to cancel an auction and accept an ebay …Me too, and I would be prepared to cancel an auction and accept an ebay strike to avoid selling to a dodgy buyer.

Maybe I just don't sell high enough value things regularly to care enough then.

My requirements automatically block those with 2 unpaid strikes in the last 12 months and you can't see who has unpaid strikes anyway so looking at a list of comments like "great buyer AAAA+++!!!" doesn't really help. If they have low (ie under 5) feedback I might take a look, but feedback generally tells more about their behaviour as a seller rather than a buyer.
I'm surprised eBay haven't just removed buying feedback and left it as a selling only thing.
JohnnyRoller09/12/2019 09:52

Yep I always do it on items I list as “buy it now” as well. I make sure I p …Yep I always do it on items I list as “buy it now” as well. I make sure I put a higher price (that would normally not sell) and open the option for offers, this means I can look at a buyers feedback before choosing to sell to them

Problem with that is you could lose potential buyers unless you're literally the only person on ebay selling that item.
spoo09/12/2019 10:02

Problem with that is you could lose potential buyers unless you're …Problem with that is you could lose potential buyers unless you're literally the only person on ebay selling that item.

You don’t, as people will send offers. I allow offers to review lower than the best price on eBay. When people want to buy something, they search for the best price and then search for the item with a best offer option.
jon81uk09/12/2019 09:55

Maybe I just don't sell high enough value things regularly to care enough …Maybe I just don't sell high enough value things regularly to care enough then.My requirements automatically block those with 2 unpaid strikes in the last 12 months and you can't see who has unpaid strikes anyway so looking at a list of comments like "great buyer AAAA+++!!!" doesn't really help. If they have low (ie under 5) feedback I might take a look, but feedback generally tells more about their behaviour as a seller rather than a buyer.I'm surprised eBay haven't just removed buying feedback and left it as a selling only thing.

I always filter their feedback to see the feedback they’ve left others. You know the ones who mess people about are the ones who leave loads of negative feedback.
JohnnyRoller09/12/2019 10:07

You don’t, as people will send offers. I allow offers to review lower than …You don’t, as people will send offers. I allow offers to review lower than the best price on eBay. When people want to buy something, they search for the best price and then search for the item with a best offer option.

Depends on the price difference. If your item is listed for £100 with best offer and the cheapest on ebay (from a seller with decent feedback) with no offers is £95 I'd make you an offer. If the cheapest is £80 no offers, I'd just go straight ahead and buy that one.
spoo09/12/2019 10:22

Depends on the price difference. If your item is listed for £100 with best …Depends on the price difference. If your item is listed for £100 with best offer and the cheapest on ebay (from a seller with decent feedback) with no offers is £95 I'd make you an offer. If the cheapest is £80 no offers, I'd just go straight ahead and buy that one.

That is just you though, I can assure you my method works perfectly for choosing your buyers and getting the price you actually want.
You shouldn't leave false positive feedback in all honesty.
Just give them a mark via the unpaid item thing and let it go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions