Ebay

Anyone seen the new rules. No insertion fees when you set a start price of 99p. Good news but yet again they've hiked up those final valuation fees. Everything is now 10%.

£0.01 and above 10.0% of the amount of the winning bid, up to a maximum FVF of £40.00

For reference: Final Value Fees prior to 12th March 2009

Final Selling Price Old Final Value Fee

Item not sold No fee
£0.01 - £29.99 8.75% up to the amount of the winning bid
£30.00 - £599.99 8.75% of the initial £29.99 and then 5.25% of the remaining balance of the final selling price
£600 and above 8.75% up to £29.99 + 5.25% of the price between £30 and £599 + 1.5% of the remaining balance of the final selling price

DO THEY EVER STOP. They keep putting these fees up they are losing sellers by the way. I'm deffo cutting down what im doing to a minimum.

5 Comments

they take the pi$$

DO THEY EVER STOP

they won't until more people stop using it. I think they've lost a fair few sellers in the last year, with all these stupid rule and fee changes. They are trying to recoup some of their loses. hopefully enough people will leave so the money grabbing beepity beep beeps will have to rethink things.

does this apply to bin prices of 99p too? If so its bonus for me in some respects

Original Poster

harlzter;4535928

does this apply to bin prices of 99p too? If so its bonus for me in some … does this apply to bin prices of 99p too? If so its bonus for me in some respects

Na its auction only I think

Hmm, a flat 10% fee isn't too bad, and it is a far better structure then their old fee's, it was very hard to determine what exactly the fees where going to be.

Most real world auctions charge 10%. The only downside is the additional forced Paypal charges.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
    2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
    3. Flights only Dominican Republic33
    4. Buy back on Euros to £££34

See more discussions