Ebay

I've not long moved and decided not to have a phone. I work of my mobile phone and broadband dongle. I've just tried to sell something on ebay and they wont let me set up a sellers account unless I have a landline. I wish I had set it up before I moved.
I used to sell on Fleabay but that account stayed with my wife. Now i'm stuck.
Now I need to find a way around this or I've got to get a landline just to set up Fleabay.
Any advice?

18 Comments

you not got another line you could use? What they do is ring the number and send a verification code to it that needs to activate your account so how about someone in your family?

download yourself the tesco internet phone software, they give you a virtual landline number for free. Use that. It works. Trust me :thumbsup:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4993827

download yourself the tesco internet phone software, they give you a … download yourself the tesco internet phone software, they give you a virtual landline number for free. Use that. It works. Trust me :thumbsup:

I'm going to go and look at this.

Original Poster

wonkey;4993820

you not got another line you could use? What they do is ring the number … you not got another line you could use? What they do is ring the number and send a verification code to it that needs to activate your account so how about someone in your family?

Is it an automated voice ? That I just have to listen to? As I don't have a headset with mike here to use

StevenA2000_uk;4993827

download yourself the tesco internet phone software, they give you a … download yourself the tesco internet phone software, they give you a virtual landline number for free. Use that. It works. Trust me :thumbsup:

Cheeky & sneaky:thumbsup::thumbsup:

clondikemike;4994035

Cheeky & sneaky:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yet effective :-D

Banned

there is a way of verifying youself without a landline number

Original Poster

casparwhite;4994059

Share the secret please

StevenA2000_uk;4994038

Yet effective :-D

Simples

http://www.indolent.com/meerkat.jpg

casparwhite;4994059

He likes to dangle carrots:roll:

Have you managed to get yourself verified yet OP? ...lol

Banned

radiocde;4994110

Share the secret please

lol you can either use skype ( think there is a charge per month) or use work number/friend/family

its just an automated service usually,

maybe even someone here although i cant condone it as the rules have been set to stop scammers

in a few countries they have a verify id tool but not here as yet

phone box lol

dont they send you it by post if you havent got a landline? thats what i had to do was about 2 years ago though so not sure if its still the same

Original Poster

All done now rep left

cant u put ur mobile number in the landline number section
?

xxxxxxx

Original Poster

kerri_ cant u put ur mobile number in the landline number section?xxxxxxx

Banned

radiocde;4999408

All done now rep left

what you do in the end mate?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767115
    2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1730
    3. TechInTheBasket?34
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710946

See more discussions