ebay account hacked??? help! advice needed

i went to log into my ebay account today and it says my username or password isnt correct. ive tried numerous times and still no joy. i requested my password and no email has arrived. last week i got an email from ebay saying i had requested my username (which i hadnt) and when going in my email inbox this message had been opened before i was on. so does this sound like someone has gone into my account and changed my password and registered email address? ive emailed ebay but tey take ages to reply. whats the best thing for me to do?

25 Comments

Did you put your password on that email thing?

Yes You Have Been Hacked But Dont Worry They Will Have Froze Your Account And Will Contact You

Original Poster

Abvance;3564921

Did you put your password on that email thing?

yeah i put my email on the one i sent to ebay, so im hoping they send my reply to the correct address. what do i do now then? just wait for them to contact me? i dont understand how anyone has got my password cos it is a difficult one

If your ebay account and your paypal account had the same password, they may have got into that too. Check it straight away.

Call eBay Customer Support
020 8080 2105

Hope your paypal user name and password are different..!!!

If you search for your username on ebay, it will tell you what it has been changed to, you can see whether they are using it to sell or buy fraudulently.

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;3564959

If your ebay account and your paypal account had the same password, they … If your ebay account and your paypal account had the same password, they may have got into that too. Check it straight away.

thats a diferent password, and i checked straight away and no purchases have been made since my last one, so i think im safe there

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;3564983

If you search for your username on ebay, it will tell you what it has … If you search for your username on ebay, it will tell you what it has been changed to, you can see whether they are using it to sell or buy fraudulently.

i looked my name up in feedback centre and its still the same, so its my password that has changed

Original Poster

Fatone;3564960

Call eBay Customer Support020 8080 2105

is that an american number? wont that cost a fortune to ring?

donnaraine;3565004

i looked my name up in feedback centre and its still the same, so its my … i looked my name up in feedback centre and its still the same, so its my password that has changed

Has there been any activity on it?

did you use a hotmail email to register ebay ?

donnaraine;3565011

is that an american number? wont that cost a fortune to ring?

It's london I think.

have you done an advanced search ,by bidder ..search all bids placed via your username ..it will show you if any bids have been placed since you couldnt log in....feedback obnly shows from completion of transaction...whats ebay username

Might be worth trying the following link.

Takes you to ebay live help (but on checking says there may be a delay in response)

Good thing is, if on broadband it will cost you nothing

cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/cha…=15

Forgot to say, I've used it before & found it very helpful, sorting my problem instantly.

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;3565028

Has there been any activity on it?

no nothing is being sold on my account so i dont know why its been hacked

Original Poster

dontasciime;3565032

did you use a hotmail email to register ebay ?

yeah i did

donnaraine;3565083

no nothing is being sold on my account so i dont know why its been hacked

No, seems weird. They could be buying and trying to pay (or not pay!) by western union or something I suppose.

that is why you got hacked never use hotmail and ebay.

I got scammed out of £300 cos some other user used hotmail and her account was hacked.

EBAY should ban users from using hotmail they told me they were going to but they are liars.

And ebay do not do anything automatically, Ebay were informed on the 16th may 2007 that a sellers account had been hijacked by the seller herself on the 16th may 2007 yet on the 17th of may 2007 ebay let me complete transaction with whoever had hijacked said persons account.

NEVER EVER USE HOTMAIL FOR EBAY AGAIN or you will be in the same situation again.

log into your paypal account and change details now if you can before its too late, even if they are not the same pass etc if they are linked change account details and get yourself a proper email address

Original Poster

im on a live chat with someone now, lets hope this solves the problem

Good luck!

Change your e-mail password ASAP as well, if they have access to this, they cam , as you said, request the password off ebay or any other site and they will get it in your e-mail account.

Original Poster

whatif;3565077

Might be worth trying the following link.Takes you to ebay live help (but … Might be worth trying the following link.Takes you to ebay live help (but on checking says there may be a delay in response)Good thing is, if on broadband it will cost you nothinghttps://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=15Forgot to say, I've used it before & found it very helpful, sorting my problem instantly.

thanks for this, took an hour and a half but got there in the end. i never knew about this so rep for pointing it out

Glad to be able to help & you were able to get resolved what must have been a real worry for you.

Original Poster

whatif;3566788

Glad to be able to help & you were able to get resolved what must have … Glad to be able to help & you were able to get resolved what must have been a real worry for you.

yeah it was, i was expecting them getting into my paypal even though the passwords are different and running up some large bills. thankyou! and thanks to everyone else who offered their help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2037
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763947
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082

See more discussions