ebay account suspension help?

Found 8th Nov 2013
hi guys I been using ebay for years and have over 400 transactions with 100 percent feedback, I wasn't a regular user but in some months I was selling a lot and in some months nothing. I moved to two different houses in last few years but because I wasn't using ebay regularly I didn't notice that my main contact address and details were still the old one however my posting address was the current address.
yesterday I received an email from ebay that my account was block indefinitely because of incorrect contact information I spoke to them on phone and explain to them that I forgot to change my address details and I am willing to send any id to prove my current details but they are refusing to accept that basically they are banning me for life for using ebay which I think is unfair is there anything I can do to change their decision or should I say goodbye to ebay thanks for your help
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Banned
Say goodbye.
Open a new account with different email address
Amazon is better
I'd suggest phoning them again and instead of just stating that you are willing to send ID to prove your details ask them to tell you where to send the proof to. I've heard it's best if you can get through to Dublin Customer Services, but be clear and to the point (especially if you can't get through to Dublin) and hopefully you'll get through to someone helpful who will sort it all out.

Do not try opening a new account or using a family members. They will block your new account and block/limit family members accounts and then you will never get your original account back no matter what you do.
Don't try to make a new account just yet. cookies, ip addres emails and paypal accounts can link you. Have a look here for some good info http://www.aspkin.com/forums/

Take your time and don't rush it
Original Poster
thanks all for your help I think I will phone them again tomorrow still can't believe it they done this the house I was living before was a rented house and I heard the people who move in after I left wasn't very good with paying bills so it could be due to that address is not looking very good on credit history.
Original Poster
GamingDevil

I'd suggest phoning them again and instead of just stating that you are … I'd suggest phoning them again and instead of just stating that you are willing to send ID to prove your details ask them to tell you where to send the proof to. I've heard it's best if you can get through to Dublin Customer Services, but be clear and to the point (especially if you can't get through to Dublin) and hopefully you'll get through to someone helpful who will sort it all out.Do not try opening a new account or using a family members. They will block your new account and block/limit family members accounts and then you will never get your original account back no matter what you do.

Any idea how can I contact Dublin service should I google their phone number
You can use your relatives/partners details but do not register again in your own name as you'll get banned again.
hoperay

Any idea how can I contact Dublin service should I google their phone … Any idea how can I contact Dublin service should I google their phone number

Far as I know there's only one number for customer services so you may get put through to elsewhere. It does seem that top sellers are more likely to get through to Dublin, but you can always try a few times if you don't get through. However, just phoning and speaking to someone else may be enough.

Just to add about using a family members account, sometimes when they ban people they limit the accounts of people who are related anyway so if you do use someone elses (with their permission of course) be careful because ebay do have ways of knowing.
Original Poster
the way they suspend my account made me real angry I am thinking about not paying their fees is it possible that I can cancel my payal details without paying them the fees or will it affect my credit history
hoperay

the way they suspend my account made me real angry I am thinking about … the way they suspend my account made me real angry I am thinking about not paying their fees is it possible that I can cancel my payal details without paying them the fees or will it affect my credit history

No they will send you letters and get the debt collectors
Original Poster
ohm ok I think I have to pay it then
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants