Ebay Advice

Banned
Hi Folks,

need a little help with ebay.

Bought some Shoes from a very reputable dealer (Schuh) on Saturday and paid yesterday (was watching some others).

Had a refund come through this afternoon with no explanation at all. So e-mailed to ask what was going on.

Got a reply about an hour later saying check your e-mail...so did that and its says they were 'unavailable for despatch'....nothing else. So I have queried this and they have told me they never actually existed in the first place! Something to do with their stock system.

They have offered me £10 off my next purchase instore or 10% off & free delivery for online purchases.

Thing is the pictures they use on their are supposed to be for the shoes your ACTUALLY buying and not Stock photos....

The biggest thing is I have had to contact them to find out whats going on when they should have contacted me......

Isn't a purchase on Ebay a legal contract? Therefore they have to supply them (They still sell them in store!)

Its gonna cost me a hell of a lot more to buy them in store than they were on ebay.... £35.95 more to be exact

Any help?

22 Comments

go to ebay and open a disprute . their not allowed to do this.

Banned

juicyx;1946086

great avatar :thumbsup:

Click on the help link, and then contact ebay.

You are right in thinking that listed items need to be "in stock and in hand" at the time of listing.

It is a legally binding contract, which is why you should let ebay know.

Don't forget to leave a NEG feedback if they still won't act fairly. But bare in mind, they might do the same for you!

Original Poster Banned

thearbiter65;1946109

Click on the help link, and then contact ebay.You are right in thinking … Click on the help link, and then contact ebay.You are right in thinking that listed items need to be "in stock and in hand" at the time of listing.It is a legally binding contract, which is why you should let ebay know.Don't forget to leave a NEG feedback if they still won't act fairly. But bare in mind, they might do the same for you!

Is there a phone number for ebay? want to discuss it with them first and see what they recommend. I'm also gonna speak to trading standards

Seems that as there a big company they think they can get away with it and give me a ****** money off voucher....still have to pay full price though!!

thearbiter65;1946109

It is a legally binding contract,

Can you show me proof of this? Only if you're bored mind ;-)

Edit ODB : 02080 802105 :thumbsup:

Shengis;1946128

Can you show me proof of this? Only if you're bored mind ;-)

bidding and winning an item is classed as a legally binding contract so why isn't it in this situation?

umanga;1946149

bidding and winning an item is classed as a legally binding contract so … bidding and winning an item is classed as a legally binding contract so why isn't it in this situation?

I want a source for the info is all. Ebay is a VENUE not an action house, so auction house rules don't actually apply ;-) If you refuse to sell/buy you're only actually breaking ebays t&c's, and contrary to popular belief, ebay are not the law even though they ARE a law unto themselves......

Doubt you will get them even if they are for sale in the real shops, they will simply say the ebay shop has no stock and it was a mistake listing. Neg if your ****** off, but just forget it and move on.

as far as i know nothing on ebay is legally binding. both buyer and seller can pull out and there isn't really anything the other party can do.

Original Poster Banned

Spoke to Ebay....

The legally binding thing only works one way basically so they won't do anything as long as its been refunded. However on a private seller they tend to investigate if they believe there is a problem....

so big companys get away with it basically

juicyx;1946086

where did you get this avatar. i demand an answer now

ODB_69;1946355

Spoke to Ebay....The legally binding thing only works one way basically … Spoke to Ebay....The legally binding thing only works one way basically so they won't do anything as long as its been refunded. However on a private seller they tend to investigate if they believe there is a problem....so big companys get away with it basically

That's the rub of it. As an example...

My mate lists a DVD on ebay (he owns Zavvi) for £10 bin with free p&p, you 'order' it by hitting BIN. He decides not to sell it to you.

Oh, forgot to mention... I own HMV. You need 2 copies and notice I also sell it for £10, so you order it.

I decide not to sell it to you, what can you do? Nothing. Same with ebay. A contract has to be accepted by both parties for it to become 'legally binding'. All ebay can do is rap you on the knuckles for breaching their t&c's. C'est la vie...

They have offered me £10 off my next purchase instore or 10% off & free … They have offered me £10 off my next purchase instore or 10% off & free delivery for online purchases.

Put it down to experience and take their offer if you find something you are still after IMO.

lumoruk;1946105

great avatar :thumbsup:

saayinla;1946389

where did you get this avatar. i demand an answer now

lol not telling !

It says when you place a bid that you are making a legally binding contract.

Just email/ring ebay see what happens. Best of luck

i had bought something once and they had none left. i told ebay and they banned them for a few days. i never got the iteam just my money back.

This has happened to me before. There wasn't alot I could do.
You could try emailing them and pointing out that they have the shoes in their shops and could you have them at the same price. If not, just leave neg feedback. At least you got your refund.
Some things arn't worth arguing about - lifes too short. You probably didn't need the shoes anyway!

cassieismydoggie;1947391

This has happened to me before. There wasn't alot I could do.You could … This has happened to me before. There wasn't alot I could do.You could try emailing them and pointing out that they have the shoes in their shops and could you have them at the same price. If not, just leave neg feedback. At least you got your refund.Some things arn't worth arguing about - lifes too short. You probably didn't need the shoes anyway!

of course they need the shoes,I always need new shoes:whistling:

Original Poster Banned

nope.....definitely need a new pair or 2.....

and when a bloke says he needs a pair.....he needs a pair!

ODB_69;1950620

and when a bloke says he needs a pair.....he needs a pair!

Hell yeah. I'm worse than a woman for buying shoes. Got so many pairs of trainers/boots i'll never wear them all. All at bargain prices of course:w00t:

Ebay and The Law really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. They are really not compatible.

If you really want to raise a smile mention Ebay, Paypal and The Law in the same sentence. Surely enough even to make the most miserable of us smile.

Regards
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2563
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1626
    3. word survey912
    4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions