ebay advice

Ok, i sold a nokia n70 on ebay the auction finished on saturday around 3pm ish. I sent the invoice to the winner and waited for payment. I heard nothing and left it until monday morning at which point i recieved a email from the buyer saying something along the lines of "can you get this phone unlocked? if so i will pay extra" i wrote back and said that i couldnt and politey said could he sorta pay. anyway i heard nothing so yesterday i emailed him saying please could he contact me in some way to sorta say why he hasnt paid yet (i ask for payment with in 3 days) otherwise i would have to report him for a unpaid item. I asked him to contact me before the end of today but he still hasnt as of yet, what would you all advise? my partner is saying he thinks the blokes bidded for it, realised it cant be unlocked as it is locked to orange and wont pay............. please give me some advice never had this happen before............phew sorry its a long one. thanks in advance for all help xxx

30 Comments

Admin

Hiya

When he bid on your phone, he confirmed his intention to buy it. As long as you have kept your listing honest, you are in the right. You can't report yet, you have to wait 10 days but as soon as that deadline passes, report him.

It might be worth sending another invoice with "FINAL PAYMENT REMINDER" in the title box and warn of your intention to report him.

The only thing is, you can't physically force him to pay and you can guarantee that if you leave negative feedback for him, he'll return the favour.

Just be calm about it and, once you issue a non payment strike against him, relist your phone and hopefully you'll sell it to a more reliable buyer xx

Original Poster

i will def be leaving him negative feedback, honest feedback but i know he will prob try to leave bad feeback for me but i dont know what he could exactly say, ive been polite but like to the point as in that he needs to pay, so in the mean time i just wait???????????????????

Admin

You can request a buyers contact details through the ebay helpdesk (I think it's in the community section) so maybe you could give him a ring or a text..

Other than that, ebay won't do anything until ten days after the sale date

Rubbish I know

yummymummy1987

i will def be leaving him negative feedback, honest feedback but i know … i will def be leaving him negative feedback, honest feedback but i know he will prob try to leave bad feeback for me but i dont know what he could exactly say, ive been polite but like to the point as in that he needs to pay, so in the mean time i just wait???????????????????

Thats the problem with the ebay feedback system. If you leave negative feedback for a legitimate reason then the other party will usually do the same because of spite and they've got nothing to lose.

There ought to be some sort of appeals system but I guess this wouldn't fly as ebay would have to commit personnel who could otherwise be helping count ebays cash. Ooops, did that sound cynical. Sorry. :giggle:

Looks like you have no option but to file a non paying bidder report.

I agree the feedback system stinks. Although if you know the cut off date for the feedback you can leave him negative with only a short time to go and he will not have time to retaliate.

Original Poster

its so frustrating, i could of had the money by now, we really needed it aswell!!! oh well ill just have to see what happens i have sent him another email so will wait, i wouldnt know what to say to him if i rang it would be awkward and if OH rang he would prob be rude, i think the person that has brought it is either foreign or doesnt have very good english. the email he sent me
"hi, can u make it unlock. i will extra pay for that.can replay me soon please.i will wait for your respond"

Not good english is it? read it slowly
Anyway thanks for replying everyone....has anyone else had similar things happen to them?

Original Poster

saying that my english isnt exactly great!!!!!

What is the item number?

Banned

It is worth calling, just be polite and don't let him walk over you.

It only takes a minute, is there not another family member or friend that could call for you?

It hasn't been long at all in reality.

hmm, next he will probably be asking you to send it to africa or something lol. that happened to my brother with a mobile phone - for some strange reason at the last minute of the auction ebay let the bid jump from £170 to £970 in one bid:? so he had to pay £27 commision to ebay, and opening a dispute takes forever. he still lost the dispute even tho ebay knew the other person had there account hijacked.

anyway lol, i think you should just tell him to pay asap and tell him he entered into a legal contract when he bid.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Your buyer has won/bought six mobiles in five days.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Anyway:-[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black]This will get you his phone number if ebay have it:-[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]MEMBERS CONTACT DETAILS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
][size=1][color=black]http//cg…ZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Unpaid Item Process [/COLOR][/SIZE]
][size=1][color=black]http//pa…ZE][/CENTER]

Banned

dinosteveus

[SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Your buyer has won/bought six mobiles in five … [SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Your buyer has won/bought six mobiles in five days.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Anyway:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]This will get you his phone number if ebay have it:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]MEMBERS CONTACT DETAILS[/COLOR][/SIZE]][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Unpaid Item Process [/COLOR][/SIZE]][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Question is which! :giggle:

JDeal

Question is which! :giggle:

Which what? Soz, you've lost me. :?

Banned

I beleive I have lost myself...

He's brought six mobiles, so which number.

Obviously it was not funny in the slightest, but, well... just but.

Original Poster

how do you know that dino can you show me a link etc. what should i do

Original Poster

it says i can post a unpaid dispute in 3 days time. a rite f*k on in the sense i cant relist it before then................AURGH needed that money why has he done this, has he really tried to buy 6 mobiles

yummymummy1987

how do you know that dino can you show me a link etc. what should i do

]http//se…fid=

Have a look at my ebay tips for sellers and buyers. The link is in my signature.

yummymummy1987

it says i can post a unpaid dispute in 3 days time. a rite f*k on in the … it says i can post a unpaid dispute in 3 days time. a rite f*k on in the sense i cant relist it before then................AURGH needed that money why has he done this, has he really tried to buy 6 mobiles

It's 14 days in total. After 7 days you can file a NPB and then 7 days later you will get your fees back and you can relist it.
Soz, but you really need to wait.
If he does not pay he cannot leave you a neg feedback.

dinosteveus

If he does not pay he cannot leave you a neg feedback.

Am sure your right Dino, but this happened to me over a wii (hey I'm a poet)
geezer strung me along with a tall story about his paypal password having to be reset until he found a cheaper one. I left him neg feedback and he returned the favour.

mrtootough

Am sure your right Dino, but this happened to me over a wii (hey I'm a … Am sure your right Dino, but this happened to me over a wii (hey I'm a poet)geezer strung me along with a tall story about his paypal password having to be reset until he found a cheaper one. I left him neg feedback and he returned the favour.

Ebay should have removed the Neg if he did not pay.
If not, contact ebay and they should remove it.

I have to pop out now, but I'll find a link later, to back up my post.

dinosteveus

Ebay should have removed the Neg if he did not pay.

yup...If you open an unpaid item dispute and the buyer does not respond to it before you close it, then he can't leave you negative feedback.....well he can still leave you bad feedback, which everyone can see, but it won't bring your feedback score down (it will be sort of like a neutral feedback).

damn, i just forgot to go thru quidco for a £185 purchase:-(

off topic i know lol

dunno

damn, i just forgot to go thru quidco for a £185 purchase:-( off topic i … damn, i just forgot to go thru quidco for a £185 purchase:-( off topic i know lol

Off topic - What was it?:)

col

Off topic - What was it?:)

an xbox 360. from ebay - otherwise posting about it here would have been really random lol.

dunno

damn, i just forgot to go thru quidco for a £185 purchase:-( off topic i … damn, i just forgot to go thru quidco for a £185 purchase:-( off topic i know lol

I can't be bothered messing about with Quidco for my ebay purchases.

dinosteveus

I can't be bothered messing about with Quidco for my ebay purchases.

i wasnt even in the mood to pay, but the guy sent me like 2 invoices and 2 emails. i had only won the item about 10 mins previous:roll: lol

dunno

i wasnt even in the mood to pay, but the guy sent me like 2 invoices and … i wasnt even in the mood to pay, but the guy sent me like 2 invoices and 2 emails. i had only won the item about 10 mins previous:roll: lol

Must be a 'newbie'. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

dinosteveus

Must be a 'newbie'. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

lol, not especially. took him hours to answer my question about special delivery tho lol.

dunno

lol, not especially. took him hours to answer my question about special … lol, not especially. took him hours to answer my question about special delivery tho lol.

Oooooooo, £185 item should be sent by S/D or a Courier. Sounds like an inexperienced seller. :-( :-(
I hope you had Paypal Buyer Protection.:whistling: :whistling:

dinosteveus

Oooooooo, £185 item should be sent by S/D or a Courier. Sounds like an … Oooooooo, £185 item should be sent by S/D or a Courier. Sounds like an inexperienced seller. :-( :-( I hope you had Paypal Buyer Protection.:whistling: :whistling:

well i managed to persuade him to send it special delivery, he may be stupid but im not;-) lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
    2. Did you know?2951
    3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
    4. word association Game72744169

See more discussions