Groups

ebay advice - sold to someone abroard

Hi,

I sold something on ebay for £41 + £9 p&p but someone from Italy has bought it - they have paid straight away without contacting me can I now ask for more p+p if need be, the £9 was for UK shipping I didn't intend to sell it abroard?

It's a dell pda with a gps receiver.

Also the email from paypay says :-
    Shipping address - unconfirmed

is this something to be concerned about - how does that effect me I'm planning to sell insured and signed for anyway.

Thanks for any advice,
    worto.

8 Comments

What you should off done was before you list @ the very end click on

Other things you'd like buyers to knowAdd or remove options | Get help
    Buyer requirements
    Use Buyer Requirements to block certain buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items.
    Block buyers who:

* Are registered in countries to which I don't post

And yes send the buyer a new invoice with the correct postage cost.

You are allowed to charge more if it cost's more to send, so long as it as clear that the p&p @ £9.00 was for UK only, also, did you have specified, that you would post outside UK?. Ultimately it is down to the Buyer to check p&p terms when buying from abroad.

Of course you can ask for more money, as the £9 was for uk shipping. I would send it by courier if I were you, wouldn't trust royal mail for international.

Original Poster

thanks - I've just checked my ad and it said

£9.00 United Kingdom Royal Mail Standard Parcels 6-8 business … £9.00 United Kingdom Royal Mail Standard Parcels 6-8 business days after seller receives cleared paymentFree Local Pick up United Kingdom Collect in person Collect in personYou can contact your seller to arrange to pay for and pick up your item.

So I guess I either contact them and ask for more money or refund them and sell to the next highest bidder

Banned

Everyone has missed the point here.......................ITALY is the new nigeria on ebay, a lot of INR scams going on there as tracking is very, very poor. They look for listings that haven't been done properly, blocks, adequate postage etc, etc.

The address is unconfirmed, hell would freeze over before I sent it. You should have listed it blocking other countries.

Original Poster

Everyone has missed the point here.......................ITALY is the new … Everyone has missed the point here.......................ITALY is the new nigeria on ebay, a lot of INR scams going on there as tracking is very, very poor. They look for listings that haven't been done properly, blocks, adequate postage etc, etc.The address is unconfirmed, hell would freeze over before I sent it. You should have listed it blocking other countries.

OK thanks - I'm happy to send it anywhere really if they pay enough postage and I'm properly protected so I don't really want to block other countries but I do expect them to ask me about postage and pay the extra.

I take it in this case the unconfirmed address means I wouldn't be protected enough though?

If thats the case I guess I'll refund them. and see who came 2nd.

thanks,
    worto.

Original Poster

Oh and £9 for standar parcels is extortionate but also explains why you … Oh and £9 for standar parcels is extortionate but also explains why you were targetted, wide open listing, and a non trackable method, that item should be going SD, not by standars parcels, or it's asking to be scammed.

oh - I don't sell much - I mostly buy from ebay but I got the £9 from other similar listing - I have no idea how much it would have actually cost but I always intended to send it insured and signed for.

Original Poster

hold on I'll pm you my item number - thanks.

edit - yes it says - Seller Protection - Eligible

Does that mean I'd get to keep my money if it's a scam?

strange - now it says his address is confirmed on my paypal page but unconfirmed on the email I got from ebay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?69
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow921
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1116
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller99

See more discussions