Groups

Ebay advise. Need to return an item, pretty sure it's fake

Would appreciate some advice here.
    I stupidly saw some Oakley glasses on ebay and bidded on them, I obviously won.
    The listing did state the didn't come with original box etc... Just the glasses. Yea I know stoopid of me.
    They arrived yesterday and they are definatly fake, as my friend has the same pair, they look nothing alike.

So I contacted the seller, they got back to me saying they are not fake (trust they are). Gave me a return address, although didn't mention anything about a refund.

So I'm just thinking I could send them back, and they could quite easily not refund my money back?
    Should I ask for a refund first? But that would leave them in the same predicament as me.

What you guys think I should do?

I paid via Paypal.

24 Comments

Banned

How did you pay?

Raise it with eBay.

Original Poster

Hkem;6439409

How did you pay?Raise it with eBay.

Paypal.
    To open a dispute I would have to wait a certain amount of days before I can complain.

If you paid by paypal then you are covered pretty well. Most sellers will refund no questions asked, upon return. If they don't have a lot of good feedback, or you want to do it "the proper" way, login to paypal and raise an "item not as described" dispute.

After a few days of mediation, Paypal allow you to choose to return the item, and guarantee a refund (automatically) upon receipt of the parcel by the seller. The downside is you have to pay extra for a trackable delivery service, so paypal can confirm it's been sent back.

You have to go through the correct ebay channels to get a refund, do not deal outside of ebay otherwise you are on your own.

As above raise a dispute first.

Original Poster

Awaken;6439431

If you paid by paypal then you are covered pretty well. Most sellers will … If you paid by paypal then you are covered pretty well. Most sellers will refund no questions asked, upon return. If they don't have a lot of good feedback, or you want to do it "the proper" way, login to paypal and raise an "item not as described" dispute. After a few days of mediation, Paypal allow you to choose to return the item, and guarantee a refund (automatically) upon receipt of the parcel by the seller. The downside is you have to pay extra for a trackable delivery service, so paypal can confirm it's been sent back.

Ok, think that covers me more than if I just did it with the seller. Just worried I'm not going to see my money again.
    They were also described as brand new, although they do have a few clear scratches on the frame.

Kermit2004;6439427

Paypal.To open a dispute I would have to wait a certain amount of days … Paypal.To open a dispute I would have to wait a certain amount of days before I can complain.

Email ebay.

Original Poster

My stoopidity really get's the better of me sometimes.
    Cheers for the advice all.

Kermit2004;6439475

My stoopidity really get's the better of me sometimes.Cheers for the … My stoopidity really get's the better of me sometimes.Cheers for the advice all.

its why i dont shop on ebay, theres always a 50/50 chance element wen it comes to it, the only things i buy are cheap buy it now things for ipods or whatever, where the seller has thousands to sell

Banned

open a dispute via the proper channnels, and stipulate they are fake (if you 100% know this) although paypal can ask you to prove this if the seller contests it, but i doubt they will if they have asked you already to return them, you dont have to wait to open a dispute, just dont esculate it yet, just put in a dispute

The problem is fake goods shouldn't be returned but Trading Standards sometimes aren't interested when you contact them.

Banned

Depending on the cost you paid for these to whether it is worth bothering with, you will not get postage back nor the postage costs to return them

Original Poster

So far I've opened a dispute and asked the seller directly through the dispute if they will refund the money upon receipt of their glasses back.
    I said they were damaged (scratches on the frame) and imitations, can always take them down to an opticians, although do I ask them to give me a certificate of non-authenticity?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6439688

If you go to a stockist and ask for a quick note on headed note paper … If you go to a stockist and ask for a quick note on headed note paper that they are fakes, that will see you right, most places will do this as has been said TS is a waste of time, you won't have to post back if they are fake, and you prove this to pp so you won't loose those costs.

Then I've got a free pair of fake Oakley's, right?

Although to do that I'll need to escalate the dispute, I'll just wqit for them to get back to me, P&P is a minor cost.

Cheers for the advice

You cant send them back as sending fake goods through the post is illegal !

You need to raise a PayPal dispute

That's what we have just said deanos,fake goods should not be returned.

Although if you tell the seller you're taking them to TS they might have a heart attack and refund you and tell you to keep them anyway.

Original Poster

deb8z;6439742

Although if you tell the seller you're taking them to TS they might have … Although if you tell the seller you're taking them to TS they might have a heart attack and refund you and tell you to keep them anyway.

Possibly, although she claims she bought them from Harrods!! However will the seller have to be in the position to prove they are genuine? As I'm supposed to prove they aren't!!
    Forgot to bring them with me to work, heading into town now, could have quickly popped into a opticians.

Well I'll just wait for their reply back.

Kermit2004;6439475

My stoopidity really get's the better of me sometimes.Cheers for the … My stoopidity really get's the better of me sometimes.Cheers for the advice all.

Do you fancy buying my genuine

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2751/rule1.jpg

Kermit2004;6439772

Possibly, although she claims she bought them from Harrods!! However will … Possibly, although she claims she bought them from Harrods!! However will the seller have to be in the position to prove they are genuine? As I'm supposed to prove they aren't!!Forgot to bring them with me to work, heading into town now, could have quickly popped into a opticians.Well I'll just wait for their reply back.

HA HA Harrods, ohhh i guess they are ok if the seller bought them from Harrods What a joke saying Harrods like it makes them real because they are from a top shop, who shops at Harrods anyway. With that reply they must be fake.

Edit= Don't go down the fake route say they are not as described you will get a refund.

waterloo;6440081

HA HA Harrods, ohhh i guess they are ok if the seller bought them from … HA HA Harrods, ohhh i guess they are ok if the seller bought them from Harrods What a joke saying Harrods like it makes them real because they are from a top shop, who shops at Harrods anyway. With that reply they must be fake.Edit= Don't go down the fake route say they are not as described you will get a refund.

But he doesn't want to return them at his cost and he shouldn't have to return them if they are proven to be fake.

Banned

My mother bought a wind-up torch from ebay. It was utter garbage and broken when it arrived. I inspected it and it no CE mark as is standard for any electrically powered device and told them they'd broken the law. They refunded and didn't even ask for it to be returned.

deb8z;6440319

But he doesn't want to return them at his cost and he shouldn't have to … But he doesn't want to return them at his cost and he shouldn't have to return them if they are proven to be fake.

No he does want to return them and does not mind paying to return them ?

IF ALL ELSE FAILS FIRE AWAY V V V V V V

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/waterloo_lion/Kermit.jpg

PS, they look fake defo not real ha haaaa lol

waterloo;6441405

No he does want to return them and does not mind paying to return them ?

Obviously he doesn't want to return them if he doesn't have to,but he may take the easy route and pay the retrun postage himself,although if it were i , i would stick to my guns and prove them to be fake:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense11
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?22
      3. Photobook for up to 400 photos?35
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?48

See more discussions