Groups

eBay (Again) - I will only post within the UK....

..... yet someone has managed to put a bid in, and when I've checked their location it states Germany. Recent feedback is also in German, so I'm guessing they aren't in the UK! How have they managed to get a bid in when I've got bids blocked from anywhere other than the UK?

I've messaged them to ask if they have a UK postal address. If not, I'm presuming I can cancel their bid at any time (?).

8 Comments

my friend abroad uses my address and has stuff delivered to me..she has my addy on her paypal too.
    he could be the same?

If you are signed in to your own country's ebay... eg ebay.co.uk... then you can only see international sellers who will post abroad, however you can sign into other ebays and see those which will only post to their country.... so he must have logged in to ebay uk, and then he could bid, but really should have checked with you first.

Original Poster

jonb2412

If you are signed in to your own country's ebay... eg ebay.co.uk... then … If you are signed in to your own country's ebay... eg ebay.co.uk... then you can only see international sellers who will post abroad, however you can sign into other ebays and see those which will only post to their country.... so he must have logged in to ebay uk, and then he could bid, but really should have checked with you first.

Quite a sneeky way around if it they have. Doesn't matter anyway, I'll not be posting anything abroad it not wort the hassle.

I've blocked bidders who are registered in any other country, don't know if that's different to how you've blocked them, but I don't seem to get any unwanted bidders.

Are you just quoting in your advert that you'll deal only with the UK? Or are you also setting no international postage as well? If you say no international postage, you get the chance to pick countries you don't want to deal with, ie everyone except UK.

Banned

rose_cat_jr

I've blocked bidders who are registered in any other country, don't know … I've blocked bidders who are registered in any other country, don't know if that's different to how you've blocked them, but I don't seem to get any unwanted bidders.

shame that doesnt work though. I still get international bidders even though all settings (including postage) state UK only

Original Poster

Bidder has contacted my and has someone to post to in the UK which is fine by me.

Banned

xcookx

Bidder has contacted my and has someone to post to in the UK which is … Bidder has contacted my and has someone to post to in the UK which is fine by me.

dont accept paypal then as you could get scammed!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....33
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55
      4. Bearded chat1225

See more discussions