eBay alert?

Found 20th Dec 2010
Had an alert from ebay today......

We think this eBay account has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

If you wish to chat to one of our customer service agents through the Live Chat function please follow the below link.
contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/…863

***Safety Tips***

Although no mention of the user name etc?

Any ideas guys?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

First of all I thought you'd received an email, like a dodgy one. Then when reading it properly, have you bought or sold recently? If you've bought have you received all your items?
Maybe you should contact ebay and ask them what the user ID is so you can double check everything?

I had the same message a while back but the first line of the email was saying I see youve had contact with ******* (ebay member) through ebay recently and then the exact same messge.....I would contact ebay to ask who the ebay member is as you cant treat emails etc with cution if you dont know which member it is! Maybe they just forgot to add the members ID?
x
Edited by: "babybetty" 20th Dec 2010

That was meant to caution! Oops!

I had a different fake one 2 weeks ago and just forwarded it on to ebay, just be cynical about any you receive and don't put any details in anything you are not sure of EVER!!

Original Poster

Thanks. The address it came from was ukrswebhelp@ebay.com
Post a comment
@
    Text