eBay and Amazon

Posted 16th Mar
Checking online for toilet rolls and Sainsbury's have none coming in my shop later.

I thought they were taking preventative measures to stop people ripping everyone off.

Complete joke people out here bidding for toilet rolls over double or three times normal price.

Why weren't measures put in place to stop people buying all the necessities in the first place.

I'm fuming right now.
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
Not surprised by ebay over this but i thought amazon would have taken action by now to remove these listings.
With my local, my understanding is this...
They get major deliveries on Sunday evening/night. I was told to turn up and buy them when doors open on Monday Morning.

I don't blame any shops for upping the price. Where theres a demand the price always increases. Supply and demand.

Measures should have been in place to restrict shoppers buying more than 1 or 2 packs though.
I'm going to have break the bad news.
Sainsbury's don't have any power over what eBay and Amazon do.
Go to Aldi or Lidl and they have fresh stock of loo roll pretty much every morning.
I had a Sainsburys delivery today and had 14 things missing from it....got 2 packs of 9 toilet rolls though.

We need Noel Edmunds to open up swapshop again. I'll swap a 9 pack of bog rolls for 2x4 packs of branston beans
Erudite16/03/2020 13:52

I'm going to have break the bad news.Sainsbury's don't have any power over …I'm going to have break the bad news.Sainsbury's don't have any power over what eBay and Amazon do.

Who said Sainsbury's had any power read correctly before you comment.
Okay, when I say that I don't blame retailers for upping their prices. £1 more is okay, perhaps £2. But greedy scum bags found in the below link isn't right.

realclearpolitics.com/vid…tml
Edited by: "J4GG4" 16th Mar
J4GG416/03/2020 14:18

Okay, when I say that I don't blame retailers for upping their prices. £1 …Okay, when I say that I don't blame retailers for upping their prices. £1 more is okay, perhaps £2. But greedy scum bags found in the below link isn't right.https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/15/man_who_hoarded_18000_bottles_of_hand_sanitizer_to_resell_im_not_sorry.html

Saw that story earlier..it makes me sick to hear stories like this. Such selfish greedy money grabbers. There is a special place in hell for people like that.
Suppose you could look on the bright side. People seem to be sincere with a view to self isolating if they are ill. And they can do as they have stocked up. Plus those with underlying conditions - it's a whole different ball game for them.
One member on here has 12 months supply of bog roll stashed away. Perhaps PM him, he may send you some as he said he hardly uses any anyway.
Meathotukdeals16/03/2020 15:07

Suppose you could look on the bright side. People seem to be sincere with …Suppose you could look on the bright side. People seem to be sincere with a view to self isolating if they are ill. And they can do as they have stocked up. Plus those with underlying conditions - it's a whole different ball game for them.

Trying to look on the birghtside as best I can. Have a fractured leg so mobility and getting around is an issue, been relying on this online shop coming later and it's disappointing that over half of my shop isn't arriving. So frustrating not being able to get out and about to do my shopping myself. I didn't even go overboard with selecting items, normal grocery items like eggs, bread and meats not available. So stressful but what can I do
The site should set up a thread where members can ask for assistance / offer assistance.

As i mentioned my Sainsburys order was a mess as well, and i've noticed now when i try to book another delivery it's showing as full for the next 3 weeks.

It's got me thinking they have a really major issue.

Just out of interest can you log into your account and see if you can book any deliveries in the next 3 weeks?
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:31

The site should set up a thread where members can ask for assistance / …The site should set up a thread where members can ask for assistance / offer assistance. As i mentioned my Sainsburys order was a mess as well, and i've noticed now when i try to book another delivery it's showing as full for the next 3 weeks. It's got me thinking they have a really major issue. Just out of interest can you log into your account and see if you can book any deliveries in the next 3 weeks?

Yeah I booked today's slot early last week. Since then no slots available. Showing slots up to the 5th of April all unavailable. Have had to book a tesco shop for next week so will see how that goes..Shambles

Even the click and collect slots have all been booked up to the 5th of April
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 16th Mar
Alexandralocks16/03/2020 16:34

Yeah I booked today's slot early last week. Since then no slots available. …Yeah I booked today's slot early last week. Since then no slots available. Showing slots up to the 5th of April all unavailable. Have had to book a tesco shop for next week so will see how that goes..Shambles

Thanks, so it looks like they have stopped taking online orders for now. Either that or they are blocking anyone who's had recent delivery from making another order.

Yep i've got a Tescos booked for next week. Not holding out much hope of a better result.
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:37

Thanks, so it looks like they have stopped taking online orders for now. …Thanks, so it looks like they have stopped taking online orders for now. Either that or they are blocking anyone who's had recent delivery from making another order. Yep i've got a Tescos booked for next week. Not holding out much hope of a better result.

Have you tried Iceland?
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:37

Thanks, so it looks like they have stopped taking online orders for now. …Thanks, so it looks like they have stopped taking online orders for now. Either that or they are blocking anyone who's had recent delivery from making another order. Yep i've got a Tescos booked for next week. Not holding out much hope of a better result.

Me neither but at least Sainsbury's will email you on the day of the order what isn't available.. With tesco I will have to wait and see what arrives..
TechnoDonkey16/03/2020 16:39

Have you tried Iceland?

I'm fine thanks. Got orders sorted for the next couple of weeks. Was just curious about Sainsburys having no slots for 3 weeks as that doesn't sit right with me.

Probably find out one of their distribution centres has gone down with Coronavirus or something on the news in a few days.
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:41

I'm fine thanks. Got orders sorted for the next couple of weeks. Was just …I'm fine thanks. Got orders sorted for the next couple of weeks. Was just curious about Sainsburys having no slots for 3 weeks as that doesn't sit right with me. Probably find out one of their distribution centres has gone down with Coronavirus or something on the news in a few days.

I also was curious why not slots were not available with Sainsbury's..it's seems like there is more problems with their services/Wharehouses than meets the eye...
At this point I would advise people to avoid home deliveries for items like toilet paper, soap etc and just go to Aldi or Lidl in the morning and pick them up. They have deliveries every day.
TechnoDonkey16/03/2020 16:46

At this point I would advise people to avoid home deliveries for items …At this point I would advise people to avoid home deliveries for items like toilet paper, soap etc and just go to Aldi or Lidl in the morning and pick them up. They have deliveries every day.

Yeah I can't get out at the moment so not an option for me..very frustrating situation.
I'd be surprised if home deliveries carry on this way for more than a week. They should be able to get temp staff in and pick/deliver what they have.
Alexandralocks16/03/2020 15:36

Trying to look on the birghtside as best I can. Have a fractured leg so …Trying to look on the birghtside as best I can. Have a fractured leg so mobility and getting around is an issue, been relying on this online shop coming later and it's disappointing that over half of my shop isn't arriving. So frustrating not being able to get out and about to do my shopping myself. I didn't even go overboard with selecting items, normal grocery items like eggs, bread and meats not available. So stressful but what can I do

I'm one of the people with an underlying condition that could get killed by this. And I'm living Mum, with taking care of her who has Alzheimer's and is in er 80's. Another one that could be killed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants