Ebay android app

Posted 7th May
Evening all,

So I updated the ebay android app and now I can't change the photos because it is saying storage doesn't have permission when it always has for the last 8 years and even when I try to change the permissions there is no option to do so within the ebay app or the phone settings app. Anyone got the same issues?
3458811-EwMjN.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Can you manually do it in your phone settings?

Settings > General > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Storage
Then toggle ebay to allowed?
(I'm using an LG, the options on your phone may not be exactly the same)
spiderbifida07/05/2020 23:52

Can you manually do it in your phone settings?Settings > General > Apps & …Can you manually do it in your phone settings?Settings > General > Apps & notifications > App permissions > StorageThen toggle ebay to allowed?(I'm using an LG, the options on your phone may not be exactly the same)

No, its so weird ebay doesn't appear in denied or allowed in storage permissions.
spiderbifida07/05/2020 23:52

Can you manually do it in your phone settings?Settings > General > Apps & …Can you manually do it in your phone settings?Settings > General > Apps & notifications > App permissions > StorageThen toggle ebay to allowed?(I'm using an LG, the options on your phone may not be exactly the same)

I've also uninstalled and rebooted. Tis doing my head in!
Sorted it, known issue here: community.ebay.com/t5/…lse

Uninstall and reboot suggested which I had to do 4 times for it to work. And seems others are still struggling
Msx9808/05/2020 00:18

Sorted it, known issue here: …Sorted it, known issue here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/Storage-access/m-p/30922101/highlight/false#M9939Uninstall and reboot suggested which I had to do 4 times for it to work. And seems others are still struggling

Quite impressive anybody would bother tolerating and persevering.
AndyRoyd08/05/2020 01:26

Some people don't own other devices and their mobile is their route to everything. So they have no option but to persevere.

I've known students who complete coursework on their mobiles and it's impressive what they manage to achieve.
MichyM08/05/2020 06:16

Some people don't own other devices and their mobile is their route to …Some people don't own other devices and their mobile is their route to everything. So they have no option but to persevere.I've known students who complete coursework on their mobiles and it's impressive what they manage to achieve.

Earlier post was referring to the (non)service, not any specific device.
AndyRoyd08/05/2020 01:26

Well it really pi&*Ed me off so I thought I had to! But you're right this is a joke, no good reason why ebay shouldn't sort this out for a lot of people, the app is probably the most common method of listing for private sellers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions