eBay Argos click and collect

Posted 21st Feb
Bought an item on eBay for click and collect delivery to my local Argos. it's now showing as delivered but not to Argos, Royal Mail tracking site shows it's been signed for at my local sorting office. it hasn't moved for 3 days and isn't yet available to collect at Argos. Any idea how to progress this, who do I chase?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I'm not familiar with the click and collect at Argos facility, but delivery is the responsibility of the seller, so perhaps contact them and tell them what's happened. They'll probably sort it out to avoid a non delivery claim. They are the royal mail's customer, not you, so they should take charge.
14 Comments
I would contact Argos as they are responsible for the item until you receive it
Could you do the Royal Mail redelivery thing online so that hopefully pushes it forward to Argos?
Thanks Dylan, sorry for being dumb but is that Argos head office or my local branch (they don't inspire much confidence tbh)
sohailh198421/02/2020 23:05

Could you do the Royal Mail redelivery thing online so that hopefully …Could you do the Royal Mail redelivery thing online so that hopefully pushes it forward to Argos?

Ah never done that but I'll have a look
Hammerheads2921/02/2020 23:05

Thanks Dylan, sorry for being dumb but is that Argos head office or my …Thanks Dylan, sorry for being dumb but is that Argos head office or my local branch (they don't inspire much confidence tbh)

Go to your local branch, it might have been delivered but if there is no special code on it Argos can’t process it. Happened to me a while ago, they called eBay and got the approval but couldn’t give it to me without the email so had to go back again a couple of hours later with the collection email
Hammerheads2921/02/2020 23:05

Thanks Dylan, sorry for being dumb but is that Argos head office or my …Thanks Dylan, sorry for being dumb but is that Argos head office or my local branch (they don't inspire much confidence tbh)

You could contact them via eBay but that could take a while for them to get back to you so I would call the head office on 0345 640 0800
sohailh198421/02/2020 23:05

Could you do the Royal Mail redelivery thing online so that hopefully …Could you do the Royal Mail redelivery thing online so that hopefully pushes it forward to Argos?

Ah I think I need a card from Royal Mail to request a redelivery. Will see if it moves on tomorrow
eslick21/02/2020 23:07

Go to your local branch, it might have been delivered but if there is no …Go to your local branch, it might have been delivered but if there is no special code on it Argos can’t process it. Happened to me a while ago, they called eBay and got the approval but couldn’t give it to me without the email so had to go back again a couple of hours later with the collection email

Ah great call, I'll call in this weekend
I'm not familiar with the click and collect at Argos facility, but delivery is the responsibility of the seller, so perhaps contact them and tell them what's happened. They'll probably sort it out to avoid a non delivery claim. They are the royal mail's customer, not you, so they should take charge.
Dylan_Smith13521/02/2020 23:04

I would contact Argos as they are responsible for the item until you …I would contact Argos as they are responsible for the item until you receive it

This isn’t exactly right. If Argos haven’t received the item yet from Royal Mail then it’s not their problem. You need to contact the seller to let them know the situation and ask them to check that they put the correct address on the parcel, and then the seller needs to chase it up if there is a problem. As mentioned above it could also be worth popping in to the branch of Argos on the off chance that they have it sitting out the back but couldn’t enter it on to their system due to an error on the address label.
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll start with the seller then maybe nip to Argos
eslick21/02/2020 23:07

Go to your local branch, it might have been delivered but if there is no …Go to your local branch, it might have been delivered but if there is no special code on it Argos can’t process it. Happened to me a while ago, they called eBay and got the approval but couldn’t give it to me without the email so had to go back again a couple of hours later with the collection email

This happened too me it never showed as delivered and it was because as special code was not produced. Argos staff were very helpful they rang eBay for me, i spoke to EBAY confirmed my details and then they created the special code over the phone which the Argos staff could use.

There was onc when my parcel had not been signed in by Argos staff so it was just sitting there, they found it of my name.
Edited by: "fizz" 22nd Feb
As a seller, twice a buyer has contacted me with this problem. The store that receives the parcel hasn't entered the code from the parcel on the ebay system, which triggers a collection code for you.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 22nd Feb
Haircut_10022/02/2020 07:46

This isn’t exactly right. If Argos haven’t received the item yet from Roy …This isn’t exactly right. If Argos haven’t received the item yet from Royal Mail then it’s not their problem. You need to contact the seller to let them know the situation and ask them to check that they put the correct address on the parcel, and then the seller needs to chase it up if there is a problem. As mentioned above it could also be worth popping in to the branch of Argos on the off chance that they have it sitting out the back but couldn’t enter it on to their system due to an error on the address label.

Sorry misread it thought it was from the Argos eBay store
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants