Ebay argos click and collect, anyone had any trouble?.

Found 3rd JanEdited by:"Ellis456"
I purchased an item via ebay using the click and collect service, this is my first time using it and I wish I hadn't!. The seller sent the item via myhermes on the 28th December and I got notification via myhermes that it has been delivered on the 2nd of January to the argos store. I rang the argos store today 3rd January and the staff checked and said there was nothing there. I now need to wait until the 8th for this code to take up an item not received case, but cant understand why my item isn't there?.

Anyone had problems with this shambles of a service?, I certainly wont be using it again.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
My Hermes delivery service has been contracted by the eBay seller. Contact the sellerand ask them to find whereabouts of the package and advise you accordingly.
My hermes must have a signature for delivery, so they (or Argos) are liable and must be able to track it. You haven't received it so ask the vendor to send it again to your address this time.
My Hermes are terrible !
Edited by: "jamkhan" 3rd Jan
mrty2 h, 35 m ago

My hermes must have a signature for delivery, so they (or Argos) are …My hermes must have a signature for delivery, so they (or Argos) are liable and must be able to track it. You haven't received it so ask the vendor to send it again to your address this time.

Hermes don't need a signature.
Cheers all, I need to wait until the 8th to go to the next step. Btw yes it needed a signed delivery.
windym2 h, 15 m ago

Hermes don't need a signature.

For delivery to a business it is standard, and for delivery to a private address the sender can opt for a signature for an extra £1 (was £1 when I sent one at Christmas).
If you have received a parcel via Hermes and not signed for it, that would be because the sender had not chosen that option.
mrty8 h, 38 m ago

For delivery to a business it is standard, and for delivery to a private …For delivery to a business it is standard, and for delivery to a private address the sender can opt for a signature for an extra £1 (was £1 when I sent one at Christmas). If you have received a parcel via Hermes and not signed for it, that would be because the sender had not chosen that option.

Which isn't what you said "My hermes must have a signature for delivery"

Hermes do not have to get a signature at a business or a private address. It is down to whether the sender has requested it or indeed if the driver bothers.
windym4 h, 6 m ago

Which isn't what you said "My hermes must have a signature for …Which isn't what you said "My hermes must have a signature for delivery"Hermes do not have to get a signature at a business or a private address. It is down to whether the sender has requested it or indeed if the driver bothers.

Ok, Sorry I confused you. What I meant was, colloquially speaking... "Surely Hermes must have had a signature?". As in, I can't believe that Hermes wouldn't have a signature for a delivery to a business.

Incidentally I have had Yodel drivers drop a parcel off outside the front door and sign for it themselves.
Edited by: "mrty" 4th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants