Ebay argos click and collect ~ what to do ?

Found 6th Jul 2015
Sold an item on ebay , buyer opt for argos click and collect. Gave me the argos address and a code.
What do i do ? take my item to my local argos store or post it directly to the given argos address?
Thanks for any reply.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

How Click & Collect works

With Click & Collect, you dispatch orders exactly as if they were home deliveries. The delivery address will include
your buyer’s chosen Argos store as well as a 6-digit unique identifier code in the second line. This is so Argos can identify your parcel and notify your buyer, so make sure you don't remove this code from the address.

1. When an order comes in, create your postage label as usual, addressed to your buyers’ chosen Argos store. If you hand-write labels or use custom integration, make sure you include the unique identifier codein the second line of the address.

2. Send the item using the eligible service and carriers you specified in your listing and mark the item as dispatched in My eBay.

3. Once your buyer’s order is ready for collection at Argos, we’ll send them an email and text message with a collection code to bring to the store.

Example label

https://sellerupdate.backends.ebay.eu/sites/default/files/example_cc_label.jpg
Edited by: "RossD89" 6th Jul 2015

i bought from ebay and opted for click and collect at an argos store. really convenient.
a lot of ebay sellers are doing this now. it is better than sending something to someone's home as the buyer can't claim the package did not arrive.

mutley1

i bought from ebay and opted for click and collect at an argos store. … i bought from ebay and opted for click and collect at an argos store. really convenient.a lot of ebay sellers are doing this now. it is better than sending something to someone's home as the buyer can't claim the package did not arrive.

True and for the buyer it's convenient because they don't have to wait in all day for the courier

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies..... i didn't opt out this argos thing, now i know.....;)

I tried to click and collect an item from Argos's own eBay account at ten to 5 on a Sunday. big mistake!!!!

but i can see how handy this service would be for people who might not necessarily be home during the day

Original Poster

DennisG

I tried to click and collect an item from Argos's own eBay account at ten … I tried to click and collect an item from Argos's own eBay account at ten to 5 on a Sunday. big mistake!!!!

Why big mistake ? .... system crashed ? ....didn't receive item ?

it was just their staff being completely clueless. took 20-25 minutes (i.e. 10+ mins after the shop shut), several calls to a helpline and input from all sorts of staff to crack the code which i told and showed them repeatedly for the entire 25 minutes i.e. it was bought from argos's ebay account and is NOT an eBay click and collect from a third party

jcaho7

Sold an item on ebay , buyer opt for argos click and collect. Gave … Sold an item on ebay , buyer opt for argos click and collect. Gave me the argos address and a code.What do i do ? take my item to my local argos store or post it directly to the given argos address?Thanks for any reply.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions