Ebay Assistance please

Posted 20th Jan
I sold a phone on ebay 10 days ago. I sent it special the same day. Perfect working order but it had a crack on the top corner of the screen which i listed and photographed from a few different angles. The chap left very good feedback . Now Ive had a message from Ebay saying that he wants to retrun it. (no more details as yet) I listed it as returns not accepted. I have a lot of feeback 100 positive. Im very honest with the descriptions. Can they make me refund? Im just worried om going to get a brick in a box and once I sign for it he gets refunded.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Ask for details of why he wants to return. If he just wants to randomly return then no they can’t make you, but if he says there is anything wrong with it at all then yeah likely they will make you return.
You do have the fact he left positive feedback as good “evidence” that the phone was fine when you sent it, which will help if they try and say something is wrong. Typically however, Ebay will 99% of the time side with buyer
If it's just a return you can just decline it stating you don't accept them.
I think the guys trying it on. Hes not telling me what his issue is but asking me to send a partial refund outside of ebay as ebay dont except partial refunds . All through ebay messaging with his complaint
Many thanks for the responses . Clearly trying it on . He's closed the complaint within 10 minutes of opening it When i responded.
If eBay make you accept a return, use your phone to record its delivery to your hand and keep recording until you open the package and find half a brick instead of the phone. Then you have proof for eBay of a scam and proof of fraud deception and theft by the buyer, For when you report it to the police.
Then never sell on eBay again.
Also inform the buyer that you will be recording the whole process, and blocking the phone using its IMIE.
Ethan_HuntszE20/01/2020 20:26

I think the guys trying it on. Hes not telling me what his issue is but … I think the guys trying it on. Hes not telling me what his issue is but asking me to send a partial refund outside of ebay as ebay dont except partial refunds . All through ebay messaging with his complaint

I would just decline, if there was a genuine problem he would use the eBay returns system (which does offer a partial refund option for you) just be nice and continue to help until that happens but keep the messages as evidence.
This is why I don't sell on eBay anymore, too many scammers.
chimp14uk20/01/2020 20:51

This is why I don't sell on eBay anymore, too many scammers.

I think Ive been lucky. 700+ feedback and no real hassle. Ive had a couple of non payers that's it.
Ethan_HuntszE20/01/2020 20:54

I think Ive been lucky. 700+ feedback and no real hassle. Ive had a couple …I think Ive been lucky. 700+ feedback and no real hassle. Ive had a couple of non payers that's it.

You're very lucky then.
Hope you resolve it. I've just cancelled an order on a bag I've sold. Marked all issues in description and extensive pics, had message from buyer asking if any marks etc, said check out description. Decided to cancel order as can't be bothered with hassle as ebay does tend to side with the buyer.
Yes eBay always side with the buyer saying he didn’t get it when verified gps location and signature provided. Thought nothing of it when eBay sent an email saying it had been refunded but when I looked at PayPal it was - £25
Usually with Ebay its quite simple,
If you list an item as faulty, and lets say the the item is a watch, and the fault is that the strap is broken.
If a buyer purchasers it and then complains to ebay that when they received it ,the face was smashed, ebay will decline the return because the item was sold as faulty.
In Ebays eyes, its faulty, and 1 fault can be a 100 faults, and you have purchased a faulty item !
If however you listed it as perfect BUT in the description you listed the faulty strap, then Ebay will give a refund.
Ebay goes by the item description only, and if it doesn't include the word FAULTY, i assure you, they will authorise a refund.
Like someone else above said, never sell on Ebay, its a nightmare.
Buyer recently opened a case on me 32days after receiving the item tracking number proves this. The buyer has said item stopped working. Stupid ebay has found in there favour which I dont believe they should of. I believe you have to open a SNAD case with in the first 30days after delivery. I think ebay forcing me to refund is probably breaking there own T&Cs under the 30day money back guarantee. I dont mind refunding if I am at fault but ebay should stick to it's own terms first before forcing me to refund. They have had the item since 7th of December and most likely broke it themselves as the first message from the buyer 32days later said item received in working condition but then stopped working on the first day. I asked why it took them 32days to contact me. Ebay sided with them. I will appeal and see where that gets me.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 21st Jan
I bet your buyer didn't even see the cracked photo or read the description. Ebay's stupid fault for hiding the description on their app.
Ethan_HuntszE20/01/2020 20:54

I think Ive been lucky. 700+ feedback and no real hassle. Ive had a couple …I think Ive been lucky. 700+ feedback and no real hassle. Ive had a couple of non payers that's it.

I think you’ve been lucky.

I rarely sell anything any more as some buyers have given me such a headache in the past.

My last experience was dreadful I’m very careful to ensure my listing accurate I had a guy want to do a change of mind return which I wasn’t prepared to accept. This would have left me out of pocket.

Had the a guy try every trick in the book to try and get me to accept.

Ebay sided with me and I didn’t have to accept the return then he even threatened me with the same claims court which I said I was happy for him to do as I was confident my listing accurate.

After exchanging message for days on end been called every name under the sun, he finally apologised stating it was all eBay fault and not mine and he was sorry.

But really put me off.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants