Ebay auction buyer wants to cancel. HELP!

Found 14th Sep 2011
I sold an exercise machine on ebay with a reserve price.

They buyer has not paid after 3 days and is requesting to cancel.

All of my fees inc. Reserve and insertion and final fees come to around £45.

How do i proceed with the cancellation? I dont want to be left out of pocket.

Also, will the buyer be able to leave me negative feedback
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Banned
Ask eBay
Yes he can leave you neg rep and you get all your money back from listing fees and final value if you go through the ebay dispute center and say it's a mutual agreement.
If you send a cancel request, the buyer can reject it and leave negative feedback, and further, avoid any non paying bidder complaints you make to ebay. You need to file non paying bidder report thingy.
you won't have to pay from your pocket as if buyer cancel the transaction ebay will refund you service charges in 7 days.. file a dispute against that buyer and if buyer doesnt cancel the transaction still then after 14 days ebay will close the case and will refund you the money. Hope that helps Thanks.
Mostly as above, though a couple of inaccuracies. if you go through the ebay dispute center, regardless of whether its a mutual consent or a non-paying buyer report, you ONLY get back your final value fee. You lose any other listing fees. Though I dont know where you get the £45 fees from unless the bike was over £400! lol
Yes they can leave negative feedback, but if you go through the mutual consent route rather than non payer, its very unlikely as you are doing them a favour.
If they do leave negative feedback, and it is rude or slanderous (or unfair in ebays view, though they dont see it how sellers tend to!) you can get it removed.
Also, you can offer the item to the underbidder at their bid price to save relisting.
You may wish to ask the winning bidder to cover the listing fees and difference between their and the underbidders price, but its unlikely they will agree and it increases the chance of bad feedback.
In my experience, buyers who want the transaction cancelled only leave positive feedback or none at all more often than not.
I hope this helps
Any neg rep left can be removed but i would report to ebay non-paying ebayer. More people should report these ebayers you then cannot leave feedback nor them to you .
Original Poster
markq

Mostly as above, though a couple of inaccuracies. if you go through the … Mostly as above, though a couple of inaccuracies. if you go through the ebay dispute center, regardless of whether its a mutual consent or a non-paying buyer report, you ONLY get back your final value fee. You lose any other listing fees. Though I dont know where you get the £45 fees from unless the bike was over £400! lolYes they can leave negative feedback, but if you go through the mutual consent route rather than non payer, its very unlikely as you are doing them a favour.If they do leave negative feedback, and it is rude or slanderous (or unfair in ebays view, though they dont see it how sellers tend to!) you can get it removed.Also, you can offer the item to the underbidder at their bid price to save relisting.You may wish to ask the winning bidder to cover the listing fees and difference between their and the underbidders price, but its unlikely they will agree and it increases the chance of bad feedback.In my experience, buyers who want the transaction cancelled only leave positive feedback or none at all more often than not.I hope this helps

The machine sold for £400, and there was a £400 reserve on it.
Original Poster
Can the buyer cancel the transaction from his side?
He says i need to start it

Is there any way i can get the buyer to pay the listing fees, i,,e take action on ebay?

deleted265520
Kazaam

Can the buyer cancel the transaction from his side?He says i need to … Can the buyer cancel the transaction from his side?He says i need to start itIs there any way i can get the buyer to pay the listing fees, i,,e take action on ebay?

He can ask to cancel the transaction.
If you start the dispute then he can choose to refuse to cancel it which would make you lose your fees. If you want to stand your ground then report him for not buying but expect an unfair neg (which can be removed but might take a while). However, if you just want your fees back and don't want any hassle then get him to send a request to cancel the transaction.

You could send him one but there's always the chance he's a nasty git and will select decline on purpose. If he sends then the decision is in your hands.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants