ebay Bank Transfer

Found 16th Jun 2007
Hey, an ebay buyer (in spain) has asked me if I'd accept payment through bank transfer. I've never done that before. Is that too risky?
How would one even set up such a transaction? I bank with halifax

Thanks

12 Comments

i will say no as you are suppose to give him your bank details and thats not great. will try to ask him topay by paypal.

Original Poster

thanks I just read elsewhere that you must give your sort code etc, which is very risky, so I will decline the method.
Wish they would've asked before bidding :?

Sloth/Mod

You can always do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder. :thumbsup:

Personally i won't sell outside the UK as it's too far to go and visit if someone tries to rip me off. :lol:

exit75

thanks I just read elsewhere that you must give your sort code etc, which … thanks I just read elsewhere that you must give your sort code etc, which is very risky, so I will decline the method.Wish they would've asked before bidding :?

You hand your bank account and sort code number over every time you write a cheque.

Sounds like a scammer to me...

Best thing to do however, is obviously wait for dino to pop his head in here

Nothing unsafe about bank transfer really. Once the cash is there it's nigh on impossible to lose unlike paypal. Sort code and acc number are less attractive to id thieves than name address etc tbh.
No fees either.

What's the matter with you lot.
There is nothing wrong with Bank Transfers. It's a damn site safer than Paypal. I've done loads from Euroland.
Here are my Bank Details:-
08-92-88

The buyer in Spain is probably an ex-pat anyway with a UK Bank Account, so no problem and no bloody Paypal charges either.. ;-)

Banned

anything is safer than paypal!

dinosteveus

What's the matter with you lot.There is nothing wrong with Bank … What's the matter with you lot.There is nothing wrong with Bank Transfers. It's a damn site safer than Paypal. I've done loads from Euroland.Here are my Bank Details:-08-92-8803103247.

Exactly, probably best payment method (for sellers anyway)

dinosteveus

What's the matter with you lot.There is nothing wrong with Bank … What's the matter with you lot.There is nothing wrong with Bank Transfers. It's a damn site safer than Paypal. I've done loads from Euroland.

Sorry, what with the amount of fraud happening via people using PayPal as the payment from other countries, I assumed in this case it was probably the same.

Interesting to know that I was incorrect though

Mattitude

Sorry, what with the amount of fraud happening via people using PayPal as … Sorry, what with the amount of fraud happening via people using PayPal as the payment from other countries, I assumed in this case it was probably the same.Interesting to know that I was incorrect though

No probs :thumbsup:
Have a look at my ebay tips below:-

[CENTER]__________________
[/CENTER]
[COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff][CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43323 :thumbsup: [/COLOR]
][COLOR=blue]Reward Websites including Quidco info[/COLOR] :thumbsup: [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=black]IF YOU THINK A POST COULD BE A SCAM OR YOU THINK IT'S 'DODGY', REPORT IT BY CLICKING ON THE RED TRIANGLEON THAT POST.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[/COLOR]
Post a comment
@
    Text