ebay banned profiteering from coronavirus

Posted 3rd Mar
received email today saying any listing with covid or corona virus will be banned and hyper-inflating prices on face-masks hand gel etc too
I think this is an excellent move but probably too late as no hnad gel left on shelves
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
What's hnad gel and do I need it?
chimp14uk03/03/2020 15:37

What's hnad gel and do I need it?

I heard it’s like tooth paste? Do is need that too?
it's like a cream you rub on the eye balls
I don’t know why people are buying antibacterial hand gel, buy soap and wash your hands theres no substitution for that. If you are out and can’t wash your hands is the only time anti bac gel should be used.
Normal soap and water will do just as good. Or get dettol soap.
soap and water kills more than hand gel does but that doesn't stop the panic buying
Folks on Amazon had a slap on the wrist as well.
"The adverts, which appeared on Amazon and on the Scottish Sun website, were in breach of The Advertising Standards Authority’s (ASA) code, a ruling found.

The authority stated that the adverts were “misleading, irresponsible and likely to cause fear without justifiable reason”.

The rulings were made against the adverts by Easy Shopping 4 Home Ltd, which appeared on the Amazon website, and adverts by Novads OU for its Oxybreath Pro mask, which appeared on the Scottish Sun website via the Taboola network as well as on cnn.com and other sites."

theguardian.com/wor…pan
OP, List, you can make hand gel (seriously) via a few components from your local chemist & the likes of Holland & barratt.
"IF" you really want to.
(see's how serious folk are in their hand gel quest).
Dannyrobbo03/03/2020 16:33

I don’t know why people are buying antibacterial hand gel, buy soap and w …I don’t know why people are buying antibacterial hand gel, buy soap and wash your hands theres no substitution for that. If you are out and can’t wash your hands is the only time anti bac gel should be used.

Think you’ve answered your own question there. Impressive.
Good.
Lol i saw someone on there selling 50ml lidl hand sanitiser for £13.99 and it 256 sold
Dannyrobbo03/03/2020 16:33

I don’t know why people are buying antibacterial hand gel, buy soap and w …I don’t know why people are buying antibacterial hand gel, buy soap and wash your hands theres no substitution for that. If you are out and can’t wash your hands is the only time anti bac gel should be used.

People should be doing this anyway i have especially before i eat
Norseg03/03/2020 18:34

People should be doing this anyway i have especially before i eat

course they should, but there’s this notion that we should all be using anti bac like it’s more efficient than soap. Soap won’t be flying off the shelves.
DEALS4EVA03/03/2020 17:24

Think you’ve answered your own question there. Impressive.

realistically where would you be that it’s not possible to wash your hands? People buy anti bac because it’s easier than washing your hands properly, not for the reason I mentioned.
Dannyrobbo03/03/2020 18:46

course they should, but there’s this notion that we should all be using a …course they should, but there’s this notion that we should all be using anti bac like it’s more efficient than soap. Soap won’t be flying off the shelves.

True but my point is people should be having basic hygiene anyway, i wonder if people are going to be more hygienic after or when they think theyre safe theyre going to be nasty
I was going to buy some for eBay oh well guess there's gumtree, Facebook and shpock and that hotukdeals partner forgot the name lol
Dannyrobbo03/03/2020 18:50

realistically where would you be that it’s not possible to wash your h …realistically where would you be that it’s not possible to wash your hands? People buy anti bac because it’s easier than washing your hands properly, not for the reason I mentioned.

I'm my car. Munching a sandwich
Well, well now then......./ people on here keep posting them as deals on here and admin are posting the hand wash deals on Facebook!
Seen too many hand wash deals posted on here then on fb
joeyjo03/03/2020 21:40

I'm my car. Munching a sandwich

but just ask yourself are you going to be sanitising your steering wheel, or stationary and on your phone?
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 4th Mar
Norseg03/03/2020 20:21

True but my point is people should be having basic hygiene anyway, i …True but my point is people should be having basic hygiene anyway, i wonder if people are going to be more hygienic after or when they think theyre safe theyre going to be nasty

agreed! I’ve seen plenty of people with all the best intentions sanitise their hands then within a few minutes start using their phone, there’s just a lack of knowledge that realistically we don’t stand a chance in containing this.
Dannyrobbo04/03/2020 08:09

agreed! I’ve seen plenty of people with all the best intentions sanitise t …agreed! I’ve seen plenty of people with all the best intentions sanitise their hands then within a few minutes start using their phone, there’s just a lack of knowledge that realistically we don’t stand a chance in containing this.

I clean my phone too but when i dont i know how many germs are on it
How can humans be so smart yet so dumb
what about the beer
Yeh, I noticed poundland masks being sold for £9.99 and a few that B&Q sell being sold at 7x the price.
Worst I've seen, without even taking a long look, was hand gel that was £3.49 in Superdrug and sold for £60 on ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants