Expired

Ebay best offers - if you make a counter offer does the original offer 'expire' ?

Found 27th Sep 2014
Hi all,

I've received a best offer for an item on the bay - £40 - I'd put a BIN of £50 with free postage, and put in the listing that best offers would have postage added.

'm happy to sell at 40 - it's pretty much my cut off - however I need to shift this item - if I send a counter offer of say £44 to include postage, and they decline, does the original offer of £40 still stand or have I lost the chance to accept that by making a counter?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
If a counter offer is made (your £44) then it cancels out the original offer (£40).
If the buyer refuses your counter offer than you have no sale.
Been through it myself.
googley2

If a counter offer is made (your £44) then it cancels out the original … If a counter offer is made (your £44) then it cancels out the original offer (£40).If the buyer refuses your counter offer than you have no sale.Been through it myself.

Thanks - that's what I thought would happen
if they refuse, can you not just message them saying "go on then" or even "£42 and its yours"?
OneGloveOnTheFence27th Sep 2014

if they refuse, can you not just message them saying "go on then" or even …if they refuse, can you not just message them saying "go on then" or even "£42 and its yours"?

No! Under no circumstances do that as it would be strange to customer if you kept changing your mind, under ebay policies this is not really allowed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants